Elation

DMgirl

It's been a while since I've been on these boards, but I'm planning a cruise for April on the Elation. Does anyone know how the Elation is? Is this one of the ships that was used to house hurricane victims? If so, was the ship refurbed afterwards? Any info would help.

Thanks!

I was on the Elation last April...our first cruise. I love every single second & every inch of that ship. It's beautiful & very clean. Nope it was not used by hurricane victims. The Ecstacy & Sensation have been used to house first response people though. The Elation took over Ecstacy's itinerariy.

It's been a while since I've been on these boards, but I'm planning a cruise for April on the Elation. Does anyone know how the Elation is? Is this one of the ships that was used to house hurricane victims? If so, was the ship refurbed afterwards? Any info would help.

Thanks!

The Elation was not used for housing she took over the Ecstasy sailings so the Ecstasy could be used by Fema.

There have been reports that she will be refurbished before they move her from Galveston to Florida.:)

I just got off the Elation 2 weeks ago. She's a beautiful ship and in great condition IMHO. She'll be going into drydock the beginning of April.

Here's a link to my review if you want more info. Also, in my signature is a link to pics. Have a great cruise!!! Please let me know if you have any specific questions - I would be more than happy to answer! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=282262

• 2 weeks later...

Although 2.5 years is like 70 in cruiseship years, we were on her in 2003 for my first cruise and I just fell in love with this ship. It's just beautiful and I love the classic 'boat' look of her, not surrounded by hundreds upon hundreds of balconies (not that I have anything against balconies because I booked one for the Conquest!) but looks like more like the 'olden' ships. I really think you'll enjoy yourself.

As I type, I'm glancing up at the pictures hanging on my cube wall from our trip and smiling...she really was wonderful! :)

Just got off her on Thursday, the second cruise on her in the last four months. She is a great ship and the crew was wonderful. She has a few rusty spots and the carpets a little worn, but she goes into dry dock and should come out looking great in April. We've been on 26 cruises and 5 of them have been on the Elation, we love her.

We were on the Elation in December. It was a fantastic cruise. We loved the ship and the crew.

We couldn't see our sail and sign account on the TV, but they did provide a statement half-way through the cruise.

If you would like to see pictures of the ship and our cruise please click on the link below.

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=2637

You won't be dissapointed if you book the Elation.

Enjoy your cruise!

You will have a great time. The carpets are definitely worn and the plastic piping that is used for decoration on the walls and ceilings is dented pretty much everywhere you look. That can be a distraction if you let it. Otherwise, she is in great shape. The crew are absolutely wonderful. Be sure to go on the slide!!! Also- order the room service brownies. The desserts are all, ummmm, not very good- except those brownies! They are great.

Archived