Considering Cunard, need advice

4774Papa

On 7/20/2019 at 2:18 PM, Jack E Dawson said:

I have to agree with the way you are leaning 4774Papa. Considering the enormity of your safari trip, trying to add a crossing on the QM2 may be just setting yourself up for disappointment and/or disaster. A classic case of over-stuffing the burrito, and you know what a mess that always turns out to be. A crossing on the QM2 can be one of life's great adventures and experiences. But it is not a "now or never" thing, the QM2 will be waiting for you when the time and circumstances are right. I would strongly advise you to watch the fares on the Cunard website. They post some incredible deals. We did a crossing last September in a sheltered balcony for $849/pp (plus $100 OBT). The deal popped up on their website about 8 weeks before the departure date. Being retired, we jumped on it.  

Jack

Jack,

Thanks, I will look for such deals, when we opt to do a transatlantic.  Perhaps we will plan to do a transatlantic with Cunard in one direction and with Celebrity, Royal C or NCL in the other direction.

On 7/19/2019 at 1:24 AM, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

Mr. Dawson, I have to compliment you (again?) on your consistently kind, generous contributions here. You always offer concise but detailed replies and never condescend. 

I agree totally. As a relative new comer to cruising and a huge fan of Cunard the generosity and patience of board members is legendary. No question is viewed as too stupid or naive. Thanks to all.

• Like 2