Days until your Alaska Cruise?

Anita Latte

2 hours ago, Guindalf said:

37 days as of today.

Same here!! We booked our cruise on Eclipse back in October.  We haven't cruised in 10 years and have never been to Alaska. We are beyond excited!!!  

16 minutes ago, hsk1977 said:

Same here!! We booked our cruise on Eclipse back in October.  We haven't cruised in 10 years and have never been to Alaska. We are beyond excited!!!  

Cool! We're also on the Eclipse!

Pop over to the roll call and I look forward to seeing you on board

• Like 1

Hi guys, can't decide which cruise to take, a Caribbean or Alaskan cruise. Haven't been to Alaska in 2 yrs, an have tempted to go to Alaska, as its been callin my name lately. Recently got a t shirt that reads, "Alaska is calling & I must go." Think maybe next yr I'll go to Alaska, now jest got to figure out which line to go on.

We are going on the Solstice August 28, 2020 and I booked in January of this year.

402 days to go!

Anita,

If you and your husband enjoy walking there's lots of great trails around Orlando (get out early during the summer or wait patiently for winter LOL) 

The West Orange Trail through downtown Winter Garden is a nice meander and there's a farmers market every Saturday a few blocks off the trail, the Seminole Wekiva trail section along Markham Woods Rd  up in Seminole county has a fun art installation  (check out Paint The Trail on facebook) along it and you should check out downtown Sanford which has lots of breweries opening and the riverwalk.....gets a little buggy along the water  in the summer but not so bad along First St.

Coming from Houston you can probably handle our humidity like a champ! 

Angela

On 7/19/2019 at 12:55 PM, Guindalf said:

37 days as of today.

We got off a ship yesterday (Oceania Insignia) as we had to have something to do while we wait for Alaska! We spent 7  nights in the Caribbean thanks to an exceptional offer we couldn't refuse.

I'm happy to report that sailing on a supposedly ultra-luxury ship (capacity 684 passengers)  has not spoiled us and we'r thinking that the Eclipse will be MUCH better!

Time seems to creep along until that 30 day mark...then it feels like it speeds up to me so nice timing on your Oceania cruise. You say supposedly...so it wasn’t so ultra luxury? I haven’t read much about Oceania...doesn’t sound like your experience was too positive.

On 7/19/2019 at 1:38 PM, Diver2014 said:

We booked 61 days out from our mid September 2019 cruise.  We were going to be in Seattle anyway so why not throw in an Alaska cruise for just a few dollars more?  I hate booking a cruise too far in advance - the anticipation is too much.

I’ve seen great last minute deals for Alaska, especially in the shoulder seasons. If you can take advantage...why not? I’d think if were traveling from Miami you would have to have the travel plan in advance though... Are you planning excursions? Did you have good availability?

On 7/19/2019 at 3:49 PM, hsk1977 said:

Happy sailing! Alaska is a visual feast! 

On 7/23/2019 at 7:19 PM, gottagoacruzn said:

Hi guys, can't decide which cruise to take, a Caribbean or Alaskan cruise. Haven't been to Alaska in 2 yrs, an have tempted to go to Alaska, as its been callin my name lately. Recently got a t shirt that reads, "Alaska is calling & I must go." Think maybe next yr I'll go to Alaska, now jest got to figure out which line to go on.

I understand about Alaska calling...it’s been calling me since I boarded our homebound flight in ANC after our first AK vacation. I fantasize about getting summer employment there...

On 7/23/2019 at 9:38 PM, Grislap said:

We booked our July 2020 trip a couple of weeks ago, 358 days in advance. 

On 7/23/2019 at 10:52 PM, Ptroxx said:

32 days.   Wohoo.   

On 7/23/2019 at 10:52 PM, collectingcoke said:

40 days!

23 hours ago, Pylea said:

384 days! We booked a few months ago for Carnival Spirit. 🏔️🚢

Love seeing the variety in the world...happy sailing to all sooner and later.

11 hours ago, milolii said:

Royal Princess  booked 14 months out.   We sail  in 23 days.  Wyoming, Montana and Alberta  National Parks first in 13 days. 

Is is that a cruise tour or a DIY? I love the Rockies...parts of Wyoming and Montana are spectacular...the plains can be less so and very windy...not quite as wonderful. When we lived in CO, DH and I would drive north on various occasions. I have fond memories of both places. Sounds like a great pre-cruise tour. Happy travels and sailing!

8 hours ago, LEtue said:

I booked my cruise in May and leave August 30 on the Millennium!  Only 37 more days :classic_biggrin: 

Nice. I would think there would be decent availability still in May for the up coming season. That’s what I’m curious about. We’re you able to book tours for what you wanted? 

On 7/23/2019 at 9:42 PM, eyecantwait said:

We are going on the Solstice August 28, 2020 and I booked in January of this year.

402 days to go!

Anita,

If you and your husband enjoy walking there's lots of great trails around Orlando (get out early during the summer or wait patiently for winter LOL) 

The West Orange Trail through downtown Winter Garden is a nice meander and there's a farmers market every Saturday a few blocks off the trail, the Seminole Wekiva trail section along Markham Woods Rd  up in Seminole county has a fun art installation  (check out Paint The Trail on facebook) along it and you should check out downtown Sanford which has lots of breweries opening and the riverwalk.....gets a little buggy along the water  in the summer but not so bad along First St.

Coming from Houston you can probably handle our humidity like a champ! 

Angela

Hi Angela! Thank you for the recommendations! I’ve read good things about the Winter Park farmers market but haven’t gotten to it yet. I hadn’t heard of Paint the Trail or much about the Sanford scene but both sound appealing to me! Too often we don’t explore as much as I would like in the different places we’ve lived...part of that is being bound by an active schedule for DS...but I’m determined to change that now that DS is headed off to Uni. It really helps to hear about places without having to do a bunch of research. DH and I like to just go and explore...having that starting point is very helpful.🙂

13 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

Is is that a cruise tour or a DIY? I love the Rockies...parts of Wyoming and Montana are spectacular...the plains can be less so and very windy...not quite as wonderful. When we lived in CO, DH and I would drive north on various occasions. I have fond memories of both places. Sounds like a great pre-cruise tour. Happy travels and sailing!

A land tour though a different company ending in Calgary.  4 National Parks.   Then short flight to Vancouver. Yes very excited about this part of the vacation as well.  

On 7/25/2019 at 7:38 AM, Anita Latte said:

Nice. I would think there would be decent availability still in May for the up coming season. That’s what I’m curious about. We’re you able to book tours for what you wanted? 

No problem booking independent tours in all the ports other than Ketchikan where I booked Ben Fogle's Great Adventures: Tongass Rainforest Hiking Expedition.  I have read great things about the hike and It sold out shortly afterward (during a shore excursion sale).