Which side of ship?

We’re planning to put our deposit down for a Princess cruise which departs from Copenhagen, then goes in order to Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Warnemunde, Oslo, then back to Copenhagen. 

If we get an ocean view or balcony, which side of the ship has the best views?  Thanks!

Really doesn't matter - when docked in Copenhagen Port side is towards the terminals  - if Stockholm is the city rather than Nynäshamn you'll sail through Stockholm Archipelago  - you better have to be up early - best views from upper deck.

8 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Really doesn't matter - when docked in Copenhagen Port side is towards the terminals  - if Stockholm is the city rather than Nynäshamn you'll sail through Stockholm Archipelago  - you better have to be up early - best views from upper deck.

Hallasm is right, especially about being up early. Serenade of the Seas will be in town on Sunday and has an expected arrival time of 08.00. The pilot will come on board at 02.00 for the journey through the Archipelago. 

1 hour ago, hallasm said:

I'm doing this next summer on Princess so I think the OP is on the Sky Princess which is too big to dock in Stockholm.

15 hours ago, fluffybunny22 said:

I'm doing this next summer on Princess so I think the OP is on the Sky Princess which is too big to dock in Stockholm.

Sky Princess is the same size as Regal and Royal Princess and they have been into Stockholm so Sky Princess can as well (depending on weather). 

1 hour ago, Desdichado62 said:

Sky Princess is the same size as Regal and Royal Princess and they have been into Stockholm so Sky Princess can as well (depending on weather). 

The day by day itinerary has it docking outside of Stockholm at that place I can't spell or pronounce.

3 hours ago, Desdichado62 said:

Yes  - Sky Princess can sail into Stockholm - Some Sky Princess Baltic Sea Cruises from Copenhagen does sail to Stockholm - others to Nynäshamn (Close to Stockholm)  -

1 hour ago, fluffybunny22 said:

The day by day itinerary has it docking outside of Stockholm at that place I can't spell or pronounce.

Yes - Nynäshamn is difficult to pronounce if you're not a Swede.  - May 17 and  28 as well as June 8 and 30 does go to Stockholm  - others to Stockholm (Nynashamn) .

41 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Yes  - Sky Princess can sail into Stockholm - Some Sky Princess Baltic Sea Cruises from Copenhagen does sail to Stockholm - others to Nynäshamn (Close to Stockholm)  -

Yes - Nynäshamn is difficult to pronounce if you're not a Swede.  - May 17 and  28 as well as June 8 and 30 does go to Stockholm  - others to Stockholm (Nynashamn) .

I'm on the June 8th sailing. How do you know where it docks? According to a tour company in St Petersburg they have no info on it being docked there so they can't book a tour for me. I thought it was because the ship hadn't launched yet.

33 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

I'm on the June 8th sailing. How do you know where it docks? According to a tour company in St Petersburg they have no info on it being docked there so they can't book a tour for me. I thought it was because the ship hadn't launched yet.

A standard or larger sized ship can only dock in St Petersburg's main harbor. Small ships can dock closer to downtown.

The main dock area is one large U shaped port that can handle 6 ships, I believe.

4 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

A standard or larger sized ship can only dock in St Petersburg's main harbor. Small ships can dock closer to downtown.

The main dock area is one large U shaped port that can handle 6 ships, I believe.

I meant how did they know that the Sky will be docking in actual Stockholm on the June 8 sailing.

1 hour ago, fluffybunny22 said:

I meant how did they know that the Sky will be docking in actual Stockholm on the June 8 sailing. 

Normally I do check time of arrival/departure at the actual port side  - for Stockholm at https://www.portsofstockholm.com/vessel-calls/

But too early - no 2020 information yet - probably the same for St. Petersburg.

Princess has the itinerary with either Stockholm or Nynäshamn at their web - I assume that they are quoting the correct itinerary, however they do have the rights to change.

Here is an example on itinerary for June 6 and 19 as an example

Skærmbillede 2019-07-19 kl. 22.13.53.png

Edited by hallasm
spelling

22 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Normally I do check time of arrival/departure at the actual port side  - for Stockholm at https://www.portsofstockholm.com/vessel-calls/

But too early - no 2020 information yet - probably the same for St. Petersburg.

Princess has the itinerary with either Stockholm or Nynäshamn at their web - I assume that they are quoting the correct itinerary, however they do have the rights to change.

Here is an example on itinerary for June 6 and 19 as an example

Skærmbillede 2019-07-19 kl. 22.13.53.png

Thank you. This is very helpful. I had actually booked the ship's shore excursion because we weren't in port that long and I was worried about having to travel into Stockholm and getting left behind. You just saved me 500 bucks.

10 hours ago, fluffybunny22 said:

Thank you. This is very helpful. I had actually booked the ship's shore excursion because we weren't in port that long and I was worried about having to travel into Stockholm and getting left behind. You just saved me 500 bucks.

Note that changes happen. Sometimes it's scheduled for Stockholm and goes to Nynäshamn and sometimes it's the opposite.