Help on Beaches in Cabo and PV - Ports Forum Quiet

GradUT

I’ve posted on the Ports of Call Forum for the Mexican Riviera, but it’s super-quiet.  We are going to Cabo, PV and Mazatlan in late September/early October.  We have plans for Mazatlan, but at either Cabo or PV (or both), we’d just like to spend the day on a relatively quiet beach.  In Cozumel, we have been to a place called Paradise Beach that charges a small admission fee (about $5 pp) and you have access to a pool and loungers & umbrellas on a nice private beach.  There are no vendors and the staff is attentive but will leave you alone if that’s what you want.

Is there anything like this in Cabo or PV?  If not, are there any decent beaches where you can rent loungers & umbrellas and not have too many vendors around?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi,

I like to use Trip Advisor as an online resource. The PV & Cabo Forums have lots of feedback and info.

We are doing another land vacation in PV in August.  I believe the Hyatt Ziva has Day passes, but I would check them out first. When it was another resort, we spent a few summer vacations here. It's a beautiful location. Private beach! Hyatt MIGHT be a tad more expensive (compared to other PV Resort Day Passes, definitely NOT $5, more of around $100, for food, drinks, etc)  but it's worth it IMO.🙂🙂

They still limit the number of Vendors allowed on their beach ... I recently read this on the Forum. They will only ask you once too. It's such a peaceful place, with this rule enforced. 

We have also stayed  at the Westin in the Marina and the Fiesta Americana in the Hotel Zone. Non stop Vendors on the beach ...😟

🌻🌻

Bobbi

Edited by Markmom18

In Cabo - there are some all inclusive resorts that will offer you transportation and a free day at their resort, usually with no strings attached. These folks will be at the pier. Don’t believe them! They are timeshare salespeople. When you get to the resort you will be herded into a conference or banquet room and the sell will begin.  You might be able to get free eventually, but the experience is miserable.

instead, if you are in decent shape take a water taxi to divorce beach or lovers beach.  Truly magnificent beaches, but there are no piers and you have to climb in and out of the boats in knee deep water.  There are no chairs, bathrooms or many vendors.  Spend an hour or two.  Then go back to the marina area, and go to the left (when facing the water) for a long public beach where you can rent chairs and umbrellas.  The further you walk the quieter it gets. 

We've been researching this a ton in the last couple of weeks.  For what you're looking for,  in Puerto Vallarta it seems the Westin or Marriott might be similar to the type of thing you are looking for.  You pay $25 to $28 ish USD and get most of it back in credit towards drinks and food.  

We finally picked Secrets,  $75 all inclusive and it's only 10 minutes away from port. Don't know about Cabo yet:) 

We did see some restaurants on the beach rent loungers.  

Edited by Dicecatt

To piggyback on Dicecatt suggestion of the Westin in the Marina. The grounds/pools/ food was all wonderful when we vacationed here.  They have a Condo Resort area on the property. Their pool was open for us to use. But, we preferred the quieter adult pool area of the Hotel Resort. 

And, again, just had to note there were more Vendors here than at the Hyatt Ziva location. Have a great day in PV wherever you choose!

🌻🌻

Bobbi

I'm going in August. I contacted Hyatt Ziva in PV it's about $75 or $79  per person (all inclusive) they don't accept reservation now, so they ask me to call them a few day before, if the hotel is 80% full, they won't accept extra customer. They estimated taxi cost about $25 to get there. No transfer provide from the hotel. 

In cabo, you can check out billygan, located on medena beach. you will need water taxi to get there, $4 per person each way. It's right beside the office, and mango deck. You can find out more info on  trappercabolist. Billygan is white umbrella, the office and mango deck is blue and yellow

also this hacienda Cocina is inside hotel too. Very nice view, they confirmed with me I can call and make reservation for the restaurant. The only problem, I can't estimate what time I will be onshore. (Very nice view) 

https://www.haciendacocina.mx/menu/eat

if you want to enjoy local cuisine, don't forget to check out  trappercabolist, you can see he list all the restaurants on the map, very nice. 

13 hours ago, Dicecatt said:

We've been researching this a ton in the last couple of weeks.  For what you're looking for,  in Puerto Vallarta it seems the Westin or Marriott might be similar to the type of thing you are looking for.  You pay $25 to $28 ish USD and get most of it back in credit towards drinks and food.  

We finally picked Secrets,  $75 all inclusive and it's only 10 minutes away from port. Don't know about Cabo yet:) 

We did see some restaurants on the beach rent loungers.  

We plan on doing Secrets in October.  Did you already go and how did you like it?

10 hours ago, rwest898 said:

We plan on doing Secrets in October.  Did you already go and how did you like it?

We haven't gone yet,  but researched a whole slew of resorts before deciding.  The reviews are really good,  it's adult only and it's like 10 minutes away from port. We don't want to feel pressured or scared about the time,  or traffic,  so we decided against the resorts further away.  The Marriott was a real contender too but we want to experience all inclusive,  plus we aren't bringing kids. We have the option of checking out Now Amber from Secrets since they are sister resorts.  

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, falineg said:

Thanks! Do you need reservations at these places?

In general not, but you might send an email or phone the resort you choose. Be aware if the hotel is busy with regular guests they often donot give out daypasses. 

There is this Resort Day Pass at the Melia Me https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions.com/excursions/cabo-san-lucas-resort-day-pass/ Its $45 for adults but you get a $30 food and beverage credit, towels, lounges and use of the pools and beach.  They have a higher priced option if you want watersports activites . I think its a pretty great deal

On 9/21/2019 at 9:41 AM, TMR2 said:

There is this Resort Day Pass at the Melia Me https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions.com/excursions/cabo-san-lucas-resort-day-pass/ Its $45 for adults but you get a $30 food and beverage credit, towels, lounges and use of the pools and beach.  They have a higher priced option if you want watersports activites . I think its a pretty great deal

We are doing this excursion on Oct 8th.  Hoping for a fun time!  Much cheaper than doing it through the ship AND you can swim in the ocean here.  Not all beaches are swimmable in Cabo.