Looking for Off Sales location near hotel

Thrak

We will be staying one night only at Premier Inn West Quay Southampton 96 Harbour Parade, Southampton. We sail out the next day and I'm hoping to find a nearby off sale location where we can buy a couple bottles of wine and some liquor. Google isn't being helpful for some reason. Any suggestions? I know there is a M&S nearby but their web site is annoying and only lists cases of wine and 2 - count them, 2 - bottles of liquor. That doesn't seem right to me but I'm from California and have no clue. I can get liquor and wine pretty much anywhere as long as it isn't between 2 AM and 6 AM.  Anybody know the area and have suggestions?

96 Harbour Parade
Southampton
SO15 1BA

Strange, first time I looked the M&S wines listed in the up to £6 per bottle range were only priced by the case . Or did I miss something. :classic_huh:. But all others are priced per case and per bottle, and include those same wines. eg https://www.marksandspencer.com/l/wine-shop/wine-beer-and-spirits/new-lower-price-wines

M&S is known for quality, not price.

M&S is in the West Quay Mall, a two minute walk from your hotel.

There's a Co-op Welcome store occupying part of the ground floor (US first floor) of your hotel. No product listings on their website, the photo shows it seems to have a very small wine section but there might be something to suit.

http://parkviewretail.com/harbour-parade/

Best bet for most folk is the ASDA store mentioned by pinklady, near the coach station. A 5 minute walk - see the ASDA sign up high, enter the carpark thro the white portico & use the elevator to access the rear of the store.

https://goo.gl/maps/is3mFArEJ3CXvy9H9

ASDA is part of the Walmart conglomerate, wide selection of wines mainly £5 to £10.

All the above are general grocery stores.

For the best selection & knowledgeable staff, go to Majestic Wines a further 5 minutes in the same direction & opposite the train station.

https://www.majestic.co.uk/wine

https://goo.gl/maps/RMbYQQbi1sjRmrH97

JB :classic_smile:

Edited by John Bull

Many thanks to both of you! I'll make note of these venues and should be good to go. I always love how helpful folks are here on CC. Again, thanks for the great information. 😁

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

Many thanks to both of you! I'll make note of these venues and should be good to go. I always love how helpful folks are here on CC. Again, thanks for the great information. 😁

Always happy to help fellow-cruisers.

When you've bought the wine, please pour me a glass.

Then, since I won't be there, please drink it for me.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, John Bull said:

Always happy to help fellow-cruisers.

When you've bought the wine, please pour me a glass.

Then, since I won't be there, please drink it for me.

Happy to do so. These next two cruise we have to buy our own booze. We have a B2B2B booked out of Melbourne next fall and have the beverage package for that trip. The PBP always makes things easier. 😎

Supermarkets in the UK are only allowed to stay open for 6 hrs on a Sunday.Downtown ones normally open at 10am.Retail park stores normally 11am.But you can buy booze as soon as they open.

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Supermarkets in the UK are only allowed to stay open for 6 hrs on a Sunday.Downtown ones normally open at 10am.Retail park stores normally 11am.But you can buy booze as soon as they open.

I had to wait one time for the Tesco to open at 10 am rather than waiting for the lidl at 11am.

56 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I had to wait one time for the Tesco to open at 10 am rather than waiting for the lidl at 11am.

They've all got the option of either time.11am means they can stay open till 5pm instead of 4.They've all got their own customer attendance patterns to go by.It used to be a lot worse here when the God peeps got more of their own way.

Edited by brian1
could be offensive to some

11 hours ago, brian1 said:

Wow. That kind of boggles me. I live in the land of 24/7 supermarkets. I had no idea there was such a restriction in place. We arrive on a Friday and sail on a Saturday so we should, hopefully, be good.

Edited by Thrak

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Wow. That kind of boggles me. I live in the land of 24/7 supermarkets. I had no idea there was such a restriction in place. We arrive on a Friday and sail on a Saturday so we should, hopefully, be good.

You have no worries at all on those days.We have 24/6 supermarkets lol.

22 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Sorry Mick,your point went right over my head when I replied.Our Lidl in town opens at 10.I think Lidl Southampton attracts a younger demographic who can't get out of bed Sunday mornings,lol.Joke but true.

3 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Sorry Mick,your point went right over my head when I replied.Our Lidl in town opens at 10.I think Lidl Southampton attracts a younger demographic who can't get out of bed Sunday mornings,lol.Joke but true.

I think the sales after 4pm would be higher than those before 11am anyway.

• 2 weeks later...