Does Bliss open balcony wall if you have both rooms?

The wall between staterooms? Yes.

The partition between balconies? No....most likely.

BALCONIES SAFETY PARTITIONS: As per Safety requirement, requests for partitions of adjacent balconies to be opened are not allowed. - NCL dailies

There is a chance that the room steward may do it (with the expectation of a tip) but it isn't supposed to be done. Even if the steward accepts the tip and opens the partition, the maintenance crew might close/lock it back as they are supposed to do.  

5 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The wall between staterooms? Yes.

The partition between balconies? No....most likely.

BALCONIES SAFETY PARTITIONS: As per Safety requirement, requests for partitions of adjacent balconies to be opened are not allowed. - NCL dailies

There is a chance that the room steward may do it (with the expectation of a tip) but it isn't supposed to be done. Even if the steward accepts the tip and opens the partition, the maintenance crew might close/lock it back as they are supposed to do.  

Thank you. I was assuming the connection inside will be a door we can just unclock on both sides like in a hotel. Yes I was asking about the balcony sorry I didn’t clarify. Ok we will ask when on the ship but plan for a no:)

4 hours ago, cruisewithbaby said:

Thank you. I was assuming the connection inside will be a door we can just unclock on both sides like in a hotel. Yes I was asking about the balcony sorry I didn’t clarify. Ok we will ask when on the ship but plan for a no:)

The steward will have to unlock the door between the cabins, probably not right away.

2 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

The steward will have to unlock the door between the cabins, probably not right away.

When did they start that? In the past each cabin opened their door and that was that. When they opened balconies you are correct, but since they don't usually open balconies any more not sure what you mean.

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

When did they start that? In the past each cabin opened their door and that was that. When they opened balconies you are correct, but since they don't usually open balconies any more not sure what you mean.

This is correct - no steward required.

Unlock one side and the door opens inward and usually has a wall to secure to -

Then the door of the other cabin the occupants unlock and open their door inward and a passage is made.

A lot could vary here by cruise ship line and ship.

But a steward is not required but maybe of help if the doors are sticking and haven't been opened in sometime.

One thing the stewards like is if both doors are open his job can go faster in cleaning servicing both cabins.

Doubled doors offer more noise insulating quality when not opened.

13 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

This is correct - no steward required.

Unlock one side and the door opens inward and usually has a wall to secure to -

Then the door of the other cabin the occupants unlock and open their door inward and a passage is made.

A lot could vary here by cruise ship line and ship.

But a steward is not required but maybe of help if the doors are sticking and haven't been opened in sometime.

One thing the stewards like is if both doors are open his job can go faster in cleaning servicing both cabins.

Doubled doors offer more noise insulating quality when not opened.

Our family of 7 has had connecting cabins on 4 NCL ships. We needed the steward to unlock them on the first day, and then they stayed open. We always had to move our luggage around out in the hallway because they were always so busy on that first day, but eventually they were unlocked.

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

Our family of 7 has had connecting cabins on 4 NCL ships. We needed the steward to unlock them on the first day, and then they stayed open. We always had to move our luggage around out in the hallway because they were always so busy on that first day, but eventually they were unlocked.

The observations I have see in kibitzing about the ships I have been on is no special key or tool is required -

just simply a thumb operated dead-bolt latching - one on each side of the doors. You turn yours - and I turn mine

and voila passageway is open. And Yes to open these doors the threshold must be clear of stored luggage.

The BLISS - JOY and perhaps the new ENCORE may have a different method of opening these inter-cabin doors.

5 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

The observations I have see in kibitzing about the ships I have been on is no special key or tool is required -

just simply a thumb operated dead-bolt latching - one on each side of the doors. You turn yours - and I turn mine

and voila passageway is open. And Yes to open these doors the threshold must be clear of stored luggage.

The BLISS - JOY and perhaps the new ENCORE may have a different method of opening these inter-cabin doors.

We have not been able to open these doors ourselves.

In my experience it is super easy to move open the balcony partitions yourself - all you need is a butter knife to turn the latch.   Recently went with a bunch of family and opened up across all our balconies.  They (room stewards?  maintenance?) sometimes close them again but no one did on this cruise, and no one has ever said anything to us about keeping them closed.