OCEAN BLUE

I've searched and searched but can't find a recent Dessert Menu for Ocean Blue.  I did find an old one that showed a Dark Chocolate Souffle.   

Can anyone tell me what the current desserts are at Ocean Blue?    (Or even post a picture?) 

Also, would love to hear what you love to order at Ocean Blue.  Best starters?

DH is not a seafood lover, but we saw recent menus (not dessert menus!) that showed a couple of items he would enjoy.   Decided to book Ocean Blue twice for our upcoming 9 day Getaway.    I've tried Beyondships and every other search I could think of🤔

8 hours ago, tanyaewa said:

Is there really a surcharge for ocean Blue on the Bliss?  With dining package?

As of the July 1 there is no longer a surcharge on Ocean Blue with SDP. Also four items from Food Republic is now covered. 

From NCL Dining FAQ:

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

Specialty Dining Packages are honored in the following specialty restaurants: American Diner, Cagney’s Steakhouse, Food Republic, Italian, Le Bistro, Los Lobos, Margaritaville at Sea, Moderno Churrascaria, Ocean Blue and Bayamo by Ocean Blue, Pincho Tapas Bar, Q Texas Smokehouse, Raw Bar, Sushi and Teppanyaki.

Guests may also choose to dine in other select restaurants, with the following per person upcharges when using their SDP meal:

• Cirque Dreams (Epic, Getaway) $10 USD
  • Supper Club Cabaret (Escape) - $18 USD
  • Velvet (Breakaway) - $10 USD
Edited by CardFanDubG

Yes, since we can use our SDP without an up charge now it seems like a good time to try Ocean Blue with my non-seafood fan DH.  (Well, he does like a good shrimp cocktail!)   

And since he also enjoys a good chocolate dessert, really hoping someone can tell us about that dessert menu🤞

Can anyone tell us about desserts at Ocean Blue?

12 hours ago, tanyaewa said:

Is there really a surcharge for ocean Blue on the Bliss?  With dining package?

No there was one but it has been removed. Thus, I am sure it is one of the favorite places for people with the dining package to eat. I know we can not wait. 

So....has anyone recently been to Ocean Blue?   

It would be great if you could tell us about what you enjoyed there.   Any information about the current dessert menu?

Still looking to hear more about what a non-seafood loving spouse could enjoy there😊    

We were at Ocean Blue in June. I wish I could remember what we had for desserts other than the cheesecake in a jar that I had (it was very good). I’m sorry I don’t remember more than the one I took a photo of that night. 

E48B4631-65AE-478A-B705-1494B8BB164C.jpeg

I had the black sea bass. I really liked it, but I’ve had better seabass. 

My my son loved his salmon (I tasted it and it was excellent). My other son had the fisherman’s platter as well as my mom. Both enjoyed it. 

My picky brother does not eat seafood. He also only eats fillet. So, my sil and he got two surf and turfs and she ate all the lobster he ate all the fillet. 

I had had the really excellent scallops as an app. I can’t remember what my dh had for an entree. I think it was the linguine. No complaints.  We all liked the clam chowder. 

Scallops, chowder, sea bass, fisherman’s platter, salmon

84ED757F-9CCB-48E8-A528-5531B74BCF4B.jpeg

970686B5-B361-4194-A905-DE3C2F481841.jpeg

385FB3BF-B3F9-45E4-8E3A-6B845A48E28F.jpeg

66B428E2-B7EC-4258-A012-D416B31D24FC.jpeg

8C9774C0-33B3-4BEE-8D65-724B81611865.jpeg

B874156E-C78F-4CA7-94F4-2B521798CD69.jpeg

• Like 1

Oops. Found these too. 

My husband had the gumbo and someone had this chocolate thing. Sorry I don’t remember it’s name. I remember I liked the ice cream and the caramel popcorn on it. 

3A7FFBAD-B0AD-4A9A-BBF5-81E915E052E8.jpeg

74FC6792-B0EB-4F1D-9BFF-E05593FFA68B.jpeg

Edited by careyayn22

6 hours ago, careyayn22 said:

Oops. Found these too. 

My husband had the gumbo and someone had this chocolate thing. Sorry I don’t remember it’s name. I remember I liked the ice cream and the caramel popcorn on it. 

3A7FFBAD-B0AD-4A9A-BBF5-81E915E052E8.jpeg

74FC6792-B0EB-4F1D-9BFF-E05593FFA68B.jpeg

Man, that chocolate thingy looks so good.

• Like 3

I ate at Ocean Blue on Friday on the Getaway. We had the SDP and paid the up charge because it was our wedding anniversary and we wanted to eat there. My husband checked our account after we ate there and they refunded the up charge. I had the tuna and avocado tower for my app, hubby had the ceviche for his. For dinner I had the Arctic char and Ben had the Chioppino. We liked it all but really liked the apps the best. They gave us a cake for dessert as it was our anniversary so I can’t say what the dessert menu looked like. 

6 hours ago, Pauser said:

I found this. The desserts are listed at the bottom. Not sure how recent it is.

Ocean Blue.jpg

Those desserts were what we were offered at Ocean Blue April, 2018.  I wish I could say I knew if they had changed, but that looks accurate.

It looks like crab cakes and salmon for me. My DD and I wanted to try this resturant out. I always figure if we are still hungry or the food was just ok I can always grab a bite in the buffet or O’Sheehan’s. I am interested in the desserts as well. The chocolate and caramel corn dessert looks good. 

5 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Thanks Tomservo!   Enjoyed that link to your review.   Food and menu pictures are always appreciated.      

We will be on the Getaway in November enjoying Ocean Blue😊

You’ll have a great time. The Getaway is a great ship, and Ocean Blue was my favorite specialty restaurant. Don’t forget the brussel sprouts, they were awesome!

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:07 AM, CardFanDubG said:

As of the July 1 there is no longer a surcharge on Ocean Blue with SDP. Also four items from Food Republic is now covered. 

From NCL Dining FAQ:

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

Specialty Dining Packages are honored in the following specialty restaurants: American Diner, Cagney’s Steakhouse, Food Republic, Italian, Le Bistro, Los Lobos, Margaritaville at Sea, Moderno Churrascaria, Ocean Blue and Bayamo by Ocean Blue, Pincho Tapas Bar, Q Texas Smokehouse, Raw Bar, Sushi and Teppanyaki.

Guests may also choose to dine in other select restaurants, with the following per person upcharges when using their SDP meal:

• Cirque Dreams (Epic, Getaway) $10 USD
  • Supper Club Cabaret (Escape) - $18 USD
  • Velvet (Breakaway) - $10 USD

We travel quite a bit, but not so much on NCL.  Would appreciate it if someone would answer some questions about the SDP  Looking at Cagney's, for example, if we have the package and order Halibut which shows $29., does that mean that we have to pay an additional $29.00 above the cost of SDP?

Is the only non al carte restaurant on the Joy  Teppanyaki?

Thank you for your help.