recommendations for custom excursions

katiegirl1264

4 hours ago, katiegirl1264 said:

Hi

We are on EDGE next month in Italy and Greece.

With the hot weather we want to do custom excursions that assure higher end cars

with good air conditioning.

What would you recommend?

Thanks!!!

All the coaches, mini vans, private cars we’ve been in the Med were well equiped. From a bit run down coach on shorex to a private Mercedes, all were adequate and all turned on their A/C as soon as the door closed. 

I don’t think there will be any difference, besides not being able to escape the heat on port busses, short walks to and from the ship.

There are always warnings about the AC not being "up to American standards" when outside America.  But unless you guys travel in freeze boxes the AC has always seemed more than adequate to me.  And I've not known anyone (American or otherwise) have a complaint about it.  I don't think you would be guaranteed higher end cars on a private tour.  There are lots of reasons to do private tours - but I don't think getting better AC is really one of them?  None the less - as others have said.  Post on the ports of call boards for your ports and see what replies you get.

So we are guessing what ports the OP is going to be in? katiegirl1264, every port in Italy is covered here extensively, including tour vendors. A few, like the wonderful Rome in Limo (huge thread just down the board) provide tours in many of the ports, and booking multiple tours through them will get a discount. Just takes a little research around the board.

17 hours ago, katiegirl1264 said:

Hi

We are on EDGE next month in Italy and Greece.

With the hot weather we want to do custom excursions that assure higher end cars

with good air conditioning.

What would you recommend?

Thanks!!!

I have experienced beater car/bus with excellent AC and high end car ( Mercedes E300 )  with terrible AC, be sure whatever tour you ask for you are clear on expectation.  You could end up with a low end beater with great AC 😉