Valizo luggage service

After reading numerous positive reviews, I was all set to use Airluggage to take my luggage from Copenhagen hotel to the ship, while we explored the city on embarkation day. Alas, Airluggage is no more. I'm still trying to decide if I should sign on for Valizo, mentioned in a few posts, or taxi our luggage to the cruise terminal and then head back into town, probably on the bus. Wondering if anyone could share their experience with Valizo?

• 3 weeks later...

We haven't used them yet but we have booked them for our upcoming cruise. They have been responsive and fine to deal with. We arrive 1 day pre--cruise they are going to store our bags overnight, and bring them to the ship and then collect them and bring them back to the airport as our flight departs at 3 in the afternoon. 

We decided to use them so we can just land and hop on a train to central Copenhagen with 2 smallies.

I just used Valizo today, as we disembarked and had a late (5pm) flight. It all went smoothly. They strongly encourage you to use the traditional disembarkation and not walk your own bags off as they don't want to spend the time meeting you in the terminal.

Also the terminal staff wasn't aware of the arrangement and told us that no one is allowed inside and we should take our bags ourselves and meet Valizo outside instead. This is not true, as we were approaching our bags we saw someone with a Valizo vest grab them so we knew they would be fine.

We got to the airport a little earlier than planned, easily found the office and retrieved our luggage. They did say that sometimes no one is in the office so you can't count on picking them up at a different time than booked.

Overall I would use them again for the convenience involved but I did wish they were a bit friendlier in communications, but maybe that's just an American view of customer service. I was very happy to not be one of the cruisers trying to fit an enormous luggage in the aisle of the public bus though!

Edited by ubarpants

• 4 weeks later...

Have just returned from a Baltic cruise on the Norwegian Getaway, and used Valizo for transfer of luggage from the airport to the ship with overnight storage, as well as for transfer of luggage from the ship back to the airport.

The entire process went perfectly smoothly, and we found the communication throughout to be prompt and clear. I especially appreciated the the text updates throughout the process letting me know when my bags had been delivered to and collected from the ship.

We also found the in-person communication to be perfectly friendly 🙂

• 1 month later...

I can now add myself to the list of satisfied Valizo customers. They picked up our luggage from the hotel and transported it to the cruise ship, where we found it waiting for inside our cabin on arrival. Everything went smoothly, communication with the company was excellent, and I would not hesitate to use them again.