Transatlantic Cruise - October 2020

Kingseat

I’ve seen a cruise departing Dover on 2nd October for New York. There are a few ports but mainly sea days. 

Has anyone done transatlantic with Disney before?  My main concern would be enough to do during the day, particularly as it won’t be warm, sunny weather. We would have a 12 year old boy with us. Thanks for any help you can give. 

10 hours ago, Kingseat said:

I’ve seen a cruise departing Dover on 2nd October for New York. There are a few ports but mainly sea days. 

Has anyone done transatlantic with Disney before?  My main concern would be enough to do during the day, particularly as it won’t be warm, sunny weather. We would have a 12 year old boy with us. Thanks for any help you can give. 

There are lots of activities onboard.  There's also a couple of kid's clubs that he would be able to attend.  Oceaneer's Club/Lab is ages 3-12 and Edge is ages 11-14.  At 12 he can go to both.

If you do a google search for "disney cruise line navigators" you'll get a hit where you can look up past cruises (by ship) to see what sorts of activities were available during past Trans Atlantics.

We've done 2 with Disney (14 night westbound and 14 night eastbound)  We've always found plenty to do.

We did the WBTA this past September. There is plenty to do. We were never bored. I'm pretty sure there are navigators from that cruise on a popular disney cruise blog site to give you an idea. The one thing we suggested in our survey is some more adult activities, since there were only 122 children on board.

• 4 weeks later...

We did the transatlantic from Dover Sept 2018. It was one of my favorite cruises ever. Great entertainment, cooking classes, lots of trivia sessions. Our weather happened to be excellent so we could sit outside. But even if chilly my husband and I would hang out in the Cove reading , either wrapped in a blanket outside or in the coffee shop. There are not very many kids though so he should either get lots of attention or maybe he will bored, probably hard to tell until you are there. Most of the activities seem to be adult oriented although there were family activities too. But there are movies every day and other kid oriented activities 

Three westbound TAs!  All great with plenty to do.  To be honest we thought the southern crossings were slightly better cruises ( to Canaveral and San Juan) than the northern route to New York. Getting to WDW from New York was a bit of a pain!!!

• 4 months later...

We did a transatlantic crossing on the Magic with two kids and it was so awesome we are booking again this May. Our cruise (about 5 years ago) had around 270 kids registered with the kids clubs - usually there's closer to 1000. So, this meant lots of opportunity for the kids with low kid crowds, but still tons of activities. Kids don't mind the water slide in cooler weather - they just hopped in the hot tub frequently. There was never a line for the water slide. I don't think you'd regret it. Our kids will be 10 and 12 this time and they are super excited to do it again.