Crew areas on NCL Bliss/Encore

Kathy0329

• 2 weeks later...

Typically the general crew living quarters are on the lowest decks below those numbered as passenger decks, with senior officers on the bridge deck. The white, or blank, areas indicated on the other decks are typically crew service and storage areas, mechanical, and crew elevator and stairwell areas.  None of these would typically present any issues with noise or other passenger concerns.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

5 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Typically the general crew living quarters are on the lowest decks below those numbered as passenger decks, with senior officers on the bridge deck. The white, or blank, areas indicated on the other decks are typically crew service and storage areas, mechanical, and crew elevator and stairwell areas.  None of these would typically present any issues with noise or other passenger concerns.

I should have clarified.... not their cabins.  Ive previously been near that “white” area and doors were slamming on another ship.  Didn’t want to assume the same on Encore or Bliss.

22 minutes ago, Kathy0329 said:

I should have clarified.... not their cabins.  Ive previously been near that “white” area and doors were slamming on another ship.  Didn’t want to assume the same on Encore or Bliss.

Hard to say for sure regarding noise, etc., but as indicated the white areas you refer to typically are the service /storage areas for the stateroom crew, mechanical areas, and stairways / elevators.  Typically they don't pose any issues but there is no way to be certain of that.

53 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

Look at the deck plans...they storage closets appear to be just aft of the midship stairs/elevators and larger ones very far forward, in the center.

Yes that's my concern.  Years ago in that area staff would let doors slam all the time.  I've never been in that area since then.  I'm assuming the same may happen on these Breakaway Plus ships too.  Thanks.

• 11 months later...

We had a cabin on deck 11 on the Escape and it was mid-ship directly opposite the doors to the stewards storage area.  We NEVER heard a thing!  In fact, this was such a great area, mid-ship, half-way between the two elevators, that I have booked the same area for the next cruise. Maybe the Breakaway ships have softer closing doors.  What we did hear was individual cabin doors slamming, but that is going to be the case anywhere on the ship.