New England cruise pricing

We have been looking to cruise New England in Sept. of 2020. I am amazed at the price of a balcony cabin would be $4000+ from any of the ports! Why so much for a 7 day cruise even before the fall leaves would be an attraction? And there is a HUGE price difference between an oceanview & balcony cabin....like $800 per person difference on some. Crazy!

46 minutes ago, mets123 said:

I just did a mock booking for a 9 night NE cruise on the Adventure for 9/10/20 for $3150 without applying any discounts. A guarantee was Less than $2800. Where are you getting your information from?

S/he said "7 night" and the only 7 night Canada/New England cruises in September 2020 are the Brilliance out of Boston.

Booked a 9 niter in early March on the Anthem for sail on August 29 and it cost $2,340 for 2.  Booking was for a 5D balcony guarantee.  Was assigned cabin # 12302.

Also, have an 11 niter on Anthem to the Caribbean in late January and it cost $2,736 for 2.

Supply & demand and also, constantly looking/searching at pricing.

7 hours ago, BopRN said:

We have been looking to cruise New England in Sept. of 2020. I am amazed at the price of a balcony cabin would be $4000+ from any of the ports! Why so much for a 7 day cruise even before the fall leaves would be an attraction? And there is a HUGE price difference between an oceanview & balcony cabin....like $800 per person difference on some. Crazy!

Are you being quoted Regular Balcony Cabins or Suites? I'm seeing a GTY regukar Balcony Cabin for $2780 for September 27th  7 nighter,  the 10 nighter on September 17th is $3400.

I know of one online agency that is holding balcony cabins for those sailings even at lower prices then I posted above.

Look for East Coast agencies, they usually hold cabins at much lower prices for these Northeast coast sailings

It’s called supply and demand but there are deals to be had. Last week’s GGG sale had a great price on the Sept 6 sailing on Adventure for a balcony guarantee. It’s in this week’s GGG again, though a bit higher than last week.

1 hour ago, blackshirt said:

Last week’s GGG sale had a great price on the Sept 6 sailing on Adventure for a balcony guarantee. It’s in this week’s GGG again, though a bit higher than last week.

I'd call the inside GTY price great, the X GTY is just decent.

I am booked on Grandeur 9 night out of Baltimore September 2020.  My booking price was 4800...in a JS.  

Yes, higher than some cruises I have booked...but did not think that was really a bad price for what I will experience on the cruise.  Also booked in same cabin for previous 5 night at 2400.