How do I search within a forum to find a thread?

There used to be a "Search this Forum" (say, for a specific cruise line) function, but I can't find it anymore. The search at the top brings back results from the entire website, not just a particular forum.

Am I missing something, or is the function gone?

There are a number of threads dealing with how to search, here’s one of them.  The key to searching only within a forum is to select that option (but you won’t get it on a phone).

Edited by Turtles06

34 minutes ago, dread_pirate said:

There used to be a "Search this Forum" (say, for a specific cruise line) function, but I can't find it anymore. The search at the top brings back results from the entire website, not just a particular forum.

Am I missing something, or is the function gone?

Search is slightly different between desktop and mobile versions of the website.

On the desktop, click in the search edit to drop a list of search criteria and click on This Forum to search the entire forum. (If you are in a thread you can click This Topic to search just the current thread).

image.png.009af4fdc05166cc87f266d58fc88fcf.png

Type your text in Search and press enter. If you want to find a particular phrase, enclose it in quotes. If you don't see This Forum, click More options.

On mobiles tap the magnifying glass on the blue toolbar, not the one on the CC banner.

image.png.31916f4a7c5c2f7ec190b8b1f2340024.png

This Forum and This Topic are not available. However you can use Topics to search one or more forums. Tap Topics to show a Cruise Critic Community selection edit below the Content Type list. Scroll through the list to locate the forum(s) of interest. Tap on the right arrowheads to expand an area. Tap to select/unselect an item. Tap the Search Content button at the bottom of the search criteria form to initiate the search.

image.png.b50d3a74e8157b22d2b4da2efa9754ba.png

I really miss the old way to do a search on a forum. I click on it and enter the term, however, only

"River Cruising" is the only option for a forum. This is a serious issue. Why?????

12 hours ago, nini said:

I really miss the old way to do a search on a forum. I click on it and enter the term, however, only

"River Cruising" is the only option for a forum. This is a serious issue. Why?????

Sorry but I don’t understand your issue; every forum can be searched. Could you please explain your problem more clearly, and perhaps include a screenshot?  Also, what kind of device are you using?  

Thanks. 

I am using my PC. I wanted current feedback on the Crown Princess. The search reveals any forum including the Crown on the Roll Calls. I want to get the info from the Princess forum only. This really narrows it down. The current method brings very broad results and an inefficient way to research. 

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

I have the same issue impossible to search. Im doing it on a IPAD. Theres 2 search areas up on top RH side next to the logout / saved heart. Then theres a search under that under my name. Tried both and get everything but what Im looking for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Be sure your iPad is in landscape mode (horizontal).  In the search area below your screen name, when you put the cursor in that search bubble, a pull down menu will appear. Select “this forum” as your search-in choice, then type your search term in the search bubble, and click the magnifying class.  It’s really not difficult on an iPad. If you are still having a problem, please tell us what you are trying to find. 

I tried but am looking for what nights on a 8n celebrity sillouette cruise would be evening chic or formal. 2 sea days ,then Curacao,Aruba, Bonaire and then 2 sale days back. Trying to plan specialty night and dont want to miss the lobster or prime rib in the MDR.

Thank you for your help...

Larry

1 hour ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

I tried but am looking for what nights on a 8n celebrity sillouette cruise would be evening chic or formal. 2 sea days ,then Curacao,Aruba, Bonaire and then 2 sale days back. Trying to plan specialty night and dont want to miss the lobster or prime rib in the MDR.

Thank you for your help...

Larry

Have you tried the search procedure explained above, putting "Chic" in the search box, and making sure you are limiting your search to "this forum"?    Please know, though, that Evening Chic gets discussed a great deal in the Celebrity forum, and that it's hard (on any site) to search for common terms.  You would be okay starting a new thread in the Celebrity forum titled "When can we expect Evening Chic nights on 8-night cruise?"   But frankly, the reply you got to your question earlier this evening (never on last night, rarely on first) in the Specialty Dining thread is about as specific as anyone will be able to be; they vary from cruise to cruise.