Newark Elizabeth hotel to New York

stooth

Hello....I would love some suggestions....We are sailing on Anthem August 29th, but coming into Newark to Country Inn and Suites...on August 27.  Would like to go into New York for just a little sightseeing...nothing really intense.  Would anyone be able to tell me the best...easiest way to get into and back out to Newark.  Country Inn has shuttle back and forth to airport and I'm assuming that would be pretty easy train ride from there? 

Thanks in advance for information! 

1 hour ago, stooth said:

Hello....I would love some suggestions....We are sailing on Anthem August 29th, but coming into Newark to Country Inn and Suites...on August 27.  Would like to go into New York for just a little sightseeing...nothing really intense.  Would anyone be able to tell me the best...easiest way to get into and back out to Newark.  Country Inn has shuttle back and forth to airport and I'm assuming that would be pretty easy train ride from there? 

Thanks in advance for information! 

The hotel shuttle will take you to the P4 Airtrain Station where you can ride the free airtrain to the Newark Airport train station. You buy a ticket to New York Penn Station for $13/pp each way.  https://www.njtransit.com/hp/hp_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=HomePageTo

Another option is to take Uber to Newark Penn Station and pay $5.25/pp each way to New York Penn Station.

13 minutes ago, frankp01 said:

It might pay to ask the front desk if they'll drop you at Newark Penn Station rather than the airport. Most hotel shuttles will drop you off anywhere within a given radius. 

My understanding is that the Country Inns shuttle only goes back and forth between the hotel and the P4 Station. The OP can always ask.  For folks who want to sightsee in NYC we recommend looking at the Hilton Doubletree at Newark Penn Station or the Robert Treat, whose shuttle services the airport and Newark Penn.