Equinox 7/6-7/13 Quick Review with Issues

Qwksilver

Just back from Equinox July 6th - July 13th. Overall it was a great cruise. The pluses: 1) The Honeymoon & Christmas excursion in St Thomas is awesome. It does take up most of the day though. 2) Ship condition is excellent. 3) The service was great. 4) Loved the perks offered by Celebrity it will be almost impossible for us to cruise without a drink package.

After some time off the boat I do have a couple of gripes:

11)    Café al Bacio: That 1st Sunday morning I really wanted exceptional coffee. So, I Googled “the nearest Café al Bacio” the results were not good. The closest was in Key West a good 5-6 hour drive from Ft Lauderdale! Totally unacceptable. Did you know these can only be found on Celebrity cruises? That just doesn’t seem right. I just headed to the local mega chain coffee store. Which leads to my next issue

22)   When I got to the store, I ordered a simple doppio espresso. They stated that our sea-pass cards are not valid! Astonished I just paid cash. Come to find out that these cards are only good on Celebrity cruise ships. Huge Fail!

33)     When we got back from the mega coffee chain, our beds and rooms were not made. My towel was still on the floor in bathroom. Apparently, the room stewards stay on the ship. Is this a known issue?

Celebrity has some explaining to do. I’ll get the necessary answers on my next Celebrity cruise. Obviously, it can’t get here soon enough.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Qwksilver

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

3 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Hey there! I was just thinking about you! How have you been? When is your next cruise? We will be on a TA in October and another Caribbean in March on Equinox again. Hope to sail with you again!

We just got off Equinox last week. It was great. No new plans as of yet, probably something in the summer or Easter on 2020. I hope you and your family are well. Hopefully we run into each other again. After all is it a small world.

FYI, I played chess with a Purplesmurf but not sure if it was your husband as he didn't answer my questions...

1 minute ago, Qwksilver said:

We just got off Equinox last week. It was great. No new plans as of yet, probably something in the summer or Easter on 2020. I hope you and your family are well. Hopefully we run into each other again. After all is it a small world.

FYI, I played chess with a Purplesmurf but not sure if it was your husband as he didn't answer my questions...

If you played on line it could be him, as he is purplsmurf on there.  Just asked him and he said that he hasn’t seen any questions so he wasn’t trying to ignore you.....he wants to know if you beat him 😂

5 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

If you played on line it could be him, as he is purplsmurf on there.  Just asked him and he said that he hasn’t seen any questions so he wasn’t trying to ignore you.....he wants to know if you beat him 😂

Chessdotcom. it was a few months ago I don't remember... I'll look for him if that's the correct website.

Qwksilver, thanks for the smiles!

We are on Equinox in September, can’t wait!

Did you use any of the Speciality Restaurants? I would be interested if their decor/furnishings/menu have changed since the Revolution...

12 hours ago, Qwksilver said:

Just back from Equinox July 6th - July 13th. Overall it was a great cruise. The pluses: 1) The Honeymoon & Christmas excursion in St Thomas is awesome. It does take up most of the day though. 2) Ship condition is excellent. 3) The service was great. 4) Loved the perks offered by Celebrity it will be almost impossible for us to cruise without a drink package.

After some time off the boat I do have a couple of gripes:

11)    Café al Bacio: That 1st Sunday morning I really wanted exceptional coffee. So, I Googled “the nearest Café al Bacio” the results were not good. The closest was in Key West a good 5-6 hour drive from Ft Lauderdale! Totally unacceptable. Did you know these can only be found on Celebrity cruises? That just doesn’t seem right. I just headed to the local mega chain coffee store. Which leads to my next issue

22)   When I got to the store, I ordered a simple doppio espresso. They stated that our sea-pass cards are not valid! Astonished I just paid cash. Come to find out that these cards are only good on Celebrity cruise ships. Huge Fail!

33)     When we got back from the mega coffee chain, our beds and rooms were not made. My towel was still on the floor in bathroom. Apparently, the room stewards stay on the ship. Is this a known issue?

Celebrity has some explaining to do. I’ll get the necessary answers on my next Celebrity cruise. Obviously, it can’t get here soon enough.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Qwksilver

When we got back from our last cruise my local bar wouldn't let me get drinks on my room pass either. I must have drunk too much on the ship😀

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, chemmo said:

Qwksilver, thanks for the smiles!

We are on Equinox in September, can’t wait!

Did you use any of the Speciality Restaurants? I would be interested if their decor/furnishings/menu have changed since the Revolution...

We did Tuscan Grille & Le Petite Chef. LPC is new to us, the food was great. Tuscan was liked by everyone, the décor and menu seemed about the same.

Enjoy your cruise. It'll be here before you know it.

50 minutes ago, Qwksilver said:

We did Tuscan Grille & Le Petite Chef. LPC is new to us, the food was great. Tuscan was liked by everyone, the décor and menu seemed about the same.

Enjoy your cruise. It'll be here before you know it.

Thanks for that! We have done LPC on Reflection and enjoyed...Much as I wouldn’t have minded a ‘refresh’ of decor and menu in Tuscan I’m glad it will be familiar...