Cruise Critic Community

Anyone do intermittent fasting? Just started and would love to connect with others who do. Which method, how you have adjusted, success or so so. 

Posted (edited)

My husband and I have for about a year and a half and plan to continue.  There are very active Facebook groups ... I started after I read the book Delay, Don’t Deny.  Check out that FB page, you should find answers to all your questions.  I started because I was managing type 2 diabetes by eating low carb, which gets old.  I can eat more of the food I like during my eating “window”.

Edited by ceccon

I try to eat between 12pm and 7/8pm. My training (workout) and work schedules sometimes make it hard. If I train after work I have to eat later - closer to eight. Sometimes I'm done by 6:30. 

I just started IF a few weeks ago. I'm not strict, because, while I fast during the week, I'm eating 3 meals with my family and I'll have a glass of wine (or 2 with my husband) on weekends. I've been staying keto-ish, low/no carb for all meals and eating a small-medium size snack then dinner somewhere between 1-6pm during the week. I'm down 21 pounds total; the majority of that has been these last few weeks that I've been fasting. 

Hey, I'm using the IF/EF method myself. My daily is OMAD, no real restrictions, but I'm finding the loss is less, so I'm trying to transition to better feasting options (low carb). I've been doing different window lengths since the third week in June and have lost 20 lbs so far. I have three months until my cruise. 

I am doing the Intermittent Fasting for five days this week,beginning today! I have been yo-yo dieting while trying to do weight watchers and am tired of losing the same 5 lbs up and down! "Delay, Don't Deny" was out of stock,(except for Kindle),so I bought "The Dubrow Diet" and am doing their red carpet ready phase 1 to jump start my metabolism! I will be home this week so should be able to focus on this! I will fast (except water or no cal beverages are allowed)from 9PM-1PM(a 16 hr fast) and then 1pm-9pm refuel with food and a protein shake. I could change the hours but am trying what the authors suggest for my first time trying this.

I do intermittent fasting at times.  The plan that works best for me is 5 days of normal (not over eating) days and two non-consecutive days of very low calories.  The original plan calls for no more than 500 calories on those days, but for me it works better at 650 calories.  

Sometimes after I have been doing this for a few weeks, 500 seems enough.  Of course they need to be healthy calories, but I usually have at least 1 oz of dark chocolate.😁 Maybe two!

I can lose weight quite quickly doing this and only need to do it a couple of times a year to stay even on weight.  If my weight starts to creep up I may do this for a few weeks.

I have tried eating for only an 8-12 hour window each day, or other variations of the fasting diet, but they just don't work as well for me.  Of course, everyone's body and/or discipline is different.