Just did my online check in..WOOHOO!

Check in always makes you feel like the cruise is really going to happen. My 90 days is tomorrow, but I sent my old passports for renewal a month ago and don't have them back yet. I know it should be soon, and 90 days is still a long time away, but I'm so ready to check in!

Barb

• Like 1

My Checkin opens in a week or so. It's a fun part of the process! Some says it's tedious but I have fun making the Final Payment. 

It also verifys that everyone has their travel documents valid so I do it when it first opens up. 

I sort of have my routine of doing it at night with cruising music and a Drink Of  The Day tk sip on. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, depot72 said:

Is there any advantage to checking in using the app versus online? (sailing on the allure)

The app has a passport scanning feature not available on the online version. Taking of the photo might be a bit easier in the app as well.

5 minutes ago, deepcman said:

While checking in last week via my pc, I never had the option to add our pictures. Also no questions about arrival and departure and whether your B2B. Have they finally done away with all this info?

Yep, that stuff was removed a while back.

6 hours ago, depot72 said:

Is there any advantage to checking in using the app versus online? (sailing on the allure)

I found it much quicker because I could scan in our passport info and pictures with my phone.  We also got "Expedited Arrival" on our set sail passes.  I'm not sure what that entitles us.  We also had a choice of arrival time.  It defaulted to 2 PM, but I was able to change it to 11 AM.  I don't remember having that choice before.

Does anyone know if credit card info can be updated after checking in? My preferred card expires in August so RCI won't let me use it for my October cruise. If I can update it later I'll check in with any old card and put my preferred card in later after I get its replacement.

1 minute ago, Underwatr said:

Does anyone know if credit card info can be updated after checking in? My preferred card expires in August so RCI won't let me use it for my October cruise. If I can update it later I'll check in with any old card and put my preferred card in later after I get its replacement.

Yes, that should be fine.

10 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

You can change your credit card during check-in or at Guest Services onboard.

19 hours ago, Underwatr said:

You can even update it online before the cruise. I left my credit card in a restaurant and was three hours' drive away before I realized. So... new card, new number, and I managed to update it.

I am also officially an idiot.

On 7/22/2019 at 9:54 AM, Host Clarea said:

Yep, that stuff was removed a while back.

I actually had this at my 90 day check-in for our upcoming cruise. So, perhaps it's per itinerary? 

Edited by Kayla103

1 minute ago, Kayla103 said:

I actually had this at my 90 day check-in for our upcoming cruise. So, perhaps it's per itinerary? 

We might be talking about two different things.

I was referring to the part of the check-in that asked the method and time of arrival to the port and departure from the port.

I'm not referring to picking a check-in time.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

We might be talking about two different things.

I was referring to the part of the check-in that asked the method and time of arrival to the port and departure from the port.

I'm not referring to picking a check-in time.

Ah! My mistake. 

Carry on 🙂 lol