dilemma - Independence cruise

sgmn

I have a dilemma and wonder if anyone has any advise.  I am looking at Indi cruise ex Southampton on the 26September.  This is an extra sneaky cruise, have really used up our quota for this year so would be doing this on the cheap.  The UK website still shows over 200 rooms available.  Do you think the price may come down after final payment with this large number of capacity?  Final payment here in UK is at 57 days out which would be July 31st.  The dilemma is that I have GBP200 of Tesco vouchers to use which would knock GBP600 off the price but the terms and conditions to use Tesco vouchers state that the cruise has to be booked and paid for no later than 56 days before departure, so a very small window

Any advise from anyone who has done late bookings after final payment when there is still a lot of rooms available? 

We were going to do a land touring holiday in Europe, but if I can get the price down hubby may go for another cruise

thanks for any advise

Sue   

Just now, sgmn said:

The UK website still shows over 200 rooms available.  Do you think the price may come down after final payment with this large number of capacity? 

Yes, but maybe less so if booking in the UK.

• Thanks 1

Yes prices will drop; kids back at school etc but I’m not sure that the drop will be that drastic and instant between day 57 and day 56.

I’d keep counting cabins on a daily basis do you get a feel of how it’s selling.  Agents will need to give back their group allocations which may boost cabin numbers . Alternatively some agents which cannot be mentioned here may have a flash sale to use up their allocation which may be better deal than using the Tesco!!

• Thanks 1

I traced prices for a TA once; had flights booked and “ chickened out” at 40 days prior to sailing. I think it reduced about £50 cheaper than I paid but not enough to worry about.

I will do the same for my TA next year!

LB ... living life on the edge lol

Interesting, you'd think they would drop the prices to shift such a large number of cabins. Its all about filling it up to get the on board spend up I would think. Thanks for experience and advice. I'll monitor for a few days and count cabins to see if they are selling

• Clarea changed the title to dilemma - Independence cruise
41 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Interesting, you'd think they would drop the prices to shift such a large number of cabins. 

While anecdotal, the price drops seem to be a stair step affair (starting after final payment), except for the GGG sale. Also look at the other markets (like the US) to get a feel for pricing direction.

48 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

While anecdotal, the price drops seem to be a stair step affair (starting after final payment), except for the GGG sale. Also look at the other markets (like the US) to get a feel for pricing direction.

@sgmn  OK.  I actually just checked prices.....

USA inside $3106

UK inside £1998..... seriously £999pp for a 12n cruise...... that is c.h.e.a.p....!  I think even I would bite at that price...and get £600 Tesco off..... no brainer.   

However if you were going for anything more upmarket than an inside.. that is a different conversation! £3598 for a balcony would be a no from me.  I would expect that to come down...... to at least below £3000 and perhaps even to as low as £2499.

You do realise that we are all going to be on tenderhooks until you book don't you....?

2 minutes ago, little britain said:

UK inside £1998..... seriously £999pp for a 12n cruise...... that is c.h.e.a.p....!  I think even I would bite at that price...and get £600 Tesco off..... no brainer.   

If there are really over 200 cabins left, that price is likely to come down some more.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, little britain said:

@sgmn  OK.  I actually just checked prices.....

USA inside $3106

However if you were going for anything more upmarket than an inside.. that is a different conversation! £3598 for a balcony would be a no from me.  I would expect that to come down...... to at least below £3000 and perhaps even to as low as £2499.

You do realise that we are all going to be on tenderhooks until you book don't you....?

Ha ha, will come back and let you know.. If we lose the game by waiting too long there's always option B, the road trip in France, the upside to that is we can take our gougous collie with us on that 

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1