Cost of day beds vs cabanas at Chill Island on Coco Cay

crewsweeper

Looking in advance to make a decision on our stop in Coco Cay in February.  Will need to let TA know when cruise planner is available.

Curious as to cost and location difference of day beds vs cabanas on Chill Island.  Just 2 of us.  Not interested in WaterPark or Swimup bar at Oasisi beach.

Any one use day beds?   Best location?

Thanks.

On 7/22/2019 at 9:34 AM, crewsweeper said:

Looking in advance to make a decision on our stop in Coco Cay in February.  Will need to let TA know when cruise planner is available.

Curious as to cost and location difference of day beds vs cabanas on Chill Island.  Just 2 of us.  Not interested in WaterPark or Swimup bar at Oasisi beach.

Any one use day beds?   Best location?

Thanks.

$5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Depends on if you "need" a cabana or daybed.  There are numerous loungers and umbrellas all around Coco Cay, so shade is easy to find, and it doesn't cost a dime.

As for the "best" location, that depends entirely upon what makes a location "good" for you.  Look at the pictures and maps that have been posted in various review threads on the Royal Caribbean forum and decide which areas will meet your individual needs.  

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

Depends on if you "need" a cabana or daybed.  There are numerous loungers and umbrellas all around Coco Cay, so shade is easy to find, and it doesn't cost a dime.

As for the "best" location, that depends entirely upon what makes a location "good" for you.  Look at the pictures and maps that have been posted in various review threads on the Royal Caribbean forum and decide which areas will meet your individual needs.  

Thanks.   That seems to be the plan at the moment.  Walk around and find a good spot.

8 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Thanks.   That seems to be the plan at the moment.  Walk around and find a good spot.

If you read twangster's reviews, you'll see lots of pictures of Coco Cay and see just how numerous the loungers and umbrellas are now.  

I'm hoping that they add umbrellas to Labadee, as well.  

29 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Thanks.  don't think I've seen that review.  But have seen others.

Twangster has two different Empress reviews this month, both with tons of high-quality photos, including Coco Cay and the Milky Way.

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest getting to the island early if you want to get a good spot with the free loungers. There's not that many places in the shade. It has been several years, but the last time we were at Labadee, I was ecstatic to snag a free hammock  but soon so many other arriving visitors pulled their chairs up into the shade  I could hardly find space to step off my hammock.