is there a way to communicate on ship

fragilek

This is our first celebrity cruise on other cruises we have been able to communicate on the ship through a free intranet system or app.  Is this available on the Celebrity Infinity there are 7 of us to staying in touch for meet ups would be useful

Celebrity has an application that has built in communications between passengers...but there's a big but....

As implemented today, there is no sound when a new message arrives....so unless you look at your phone, you don't know you've received a message.   Seems like a major flaw to me....

Embrace being Tech Free!  Leave hand written notes for each other - X even provides pen and paper.  Meet up at agreed times and places.  There was a life before IM.

Unless you are trying to find a teenager who has not obeyed curfew... then enlist ship staff help and unleash hell!

• Like 1

No teenagers with us any longer 😀.  Post-it notes it will be for us then.  More just daughter and her boyfriend are both type 1 diabetic so when they need to eat they need to eat thus pre -set meeting times don't always work.  Or at least that's their excuse lol.

17 hours ago, GastroGnome said:

Embrace being Tech Free!  Leave hand written notes for each other - X even provides pen and paper.  Meet up at agreed times and places.  There was a life before IM.

Unless you are trying to find a teenager who has not obeyed curfew... then enlist ship staff help and unleash hell!

LOL if either of mine had ever not obeyed a curfew then phones would not have been required for the rest of the trip as they would have been grounded to my ankles lol.  I would allow the teen club but they were never allowed to come back from it late on their own - Get embarrassed by a dad pick up at the door or don't go - their choice!!

1 minute ago, dabear said:

Years ago we used to use walkie talkies. They still would work

I forgot about that we still have ours in a drawer I would love to see my girls faces 26 and 22 if I hand them  to them and their fiances as we board 🤣🤣

We used to use then at our caravan in France when the kids got old enough to prowl solo (well together with the other 10 kids they met every summer).  At between 16 and 18 they rebelled and paid for a french phonecard with their spending money that's why I would love to see their faces if I reproduce them now- I actually think I will for a laugh!! 

Would love to see your adult kids react to the walkie talkies And go for it!

I haven’t seen walkie talkies on a cruise in a long, long time. I realize some find it important to keep track, but my experience was they are very intrusive to those around you, don’t work on many spots of a metal ship when between decks and so on. And instead of just using them for a quick check-in/rendezvous, they were used for conversing, or at least trying to converse.  

Realize you aren’t considering them, just mentioning that for others who may go, ‘oh what a great idea!’.....Not!!!

As to Post-It Notes, love them. We travel with good friends who always had trouble remembering which was forward/aft when stepping out of the SR and would invariably go the wrong way. So I put post-its on the wall (bulkhead!) across from their SR door, with Forward and Aft with Arrows on them. They loved it. Funny, but handy.

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Haha 1