Driving to Egeskov Castle from Fredericia, DK

We will renting a car and driving to Egeskov Castle from the cruise port on Thursday, August 8th.  I read it is about 81 km away.  If you have done this visit,  how much time should be allow for the return trip to the cruise port?  I am not sure if the roads we will be taking are busy roads with lots of traffic and commuters? We want to make sure we are back on the ship with time to spare!  Thank you!

Edited by aqua07

Most direct route will be just about an hour. However will very much depend on time of the year, weekday as well as time of the day - you can expect traffic queues on the highway at work days from 3 to 5pm - might be less traffic during July.

Maybe Hallasm know for sure but I think they have started with the expansion project on the motorway towards Odense and that could create some traffic jams as well. 

But this motorway is know for traffic jams because it only has 2 lanes in each direction and it is the main motorway between East and West Denmark. 

All other routes includes a ferry ride. 

I looked it up myself. 

They are currently working between Exit 55 Aarup and Odense. 

If the traffic is bad then Google maps suggest 2 alternative routes over the country side. 

Both of these routes takes of off at the motorway at......... Exit 55.

So if the traffic is bad (im not saying it will be) you can just take the the detour. 

Edited by Danish viking

9 hours ago, Danish viking said:

If the traffic is bad then Google maps suggest 2 alternative routes over the country side. 

Both of these routes takes of off at the motorway at......... Exit 55.

So if the traffic is bad (im not saying it will be) you can just take the the detour

Yes - there might be traffic jam Thursday afternoon - I might suggest a more southern route via Ebberup/Assens - 10 km and 25 minutes longer  - very nice tour without traffic

Skærmbillede 2019-07-23 kl. 08.48.11.png