Mullet Bay Beach

poleman88

At the beginning of July the drop off into the water was pretty steep and its pretty rocky getting in to the ocean. By October who knows what it will be like.  The beach erosion is pretty bad right now all around parts of the island (Simpson Bay/Maho/Mullett)

There is a food place and chairs to rent.  Depending on the day of the week this beach can be quiet or it can be busy.  Transportation back can be difficult so make sure you plan a pickup time ahead of time.  

38 minutes ago, MandiesPharm said:

At the beginning of July the drop off into the water was pretty steep and its pretty rocky getting in to the ocean. By October who knows what it will be like.  The beach erosion is pretty bad right now all around parts of the island (Simpson Bay/Maho/Mullett)

There is a food place and chairs to rent.  Depending on the day of the week this beach can be quiet or it can be busy.  Transportation back can be difficult so make sure you plan a pickup time ahead of time.  

Thanks for the info

We were there a few years ago and we enjoyed our day there. Very pretty beach! But, I'm not sure how it is after the hurricane and rebuilding. At the time we were there, there wasn't a drop off and it was a rather nice sandy beach with a sandy entrance.

If you are interested, my review is located HERE and there's tons of pictures.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 9:56 AM, Luv06012012 said:

Two questions....are there restrooms there?  How long of a ride is it from port?  Thanks!

If things haven't changed since we were there last...they have porta potties in the parking lot area. They do have a concession stand for food though.

We went in September 2018, April 2019, and spent the weekend in June!  

ZKf4PLq4Vsvzssp6gtWAWTAjcXXPUZGWwYB1JXuJiqbeFL_BXIwbIxLRnaAnjZHlhSb7_7c3ZWLgeTfjKvMvtRG1bW2IoBbxB8pTwK_3QVs4KbBKYhaSWnUYosukuO-rgNc_fz7t6i3pU1nswglG4_ya2Q1W-NwAkQddblPlfxONf-yABIIZ-8ow8A-5ZGZR9inJFYe7O3uGf29RnpMPRbarmKFQBCCfkI1LM_xuuQoEJWZqTeb_qzd_UiE992bycxCStM-NKNXH0OgFkGnjGAVTqB9gdSun74psS6tWr21k8-UxI92hk1qgEc330KaX8iUxYm8XNu02h4ujuwvKbmQiIvttaDeK3acqgTBcpmFgRP70m7Eg3Ktp9qiBti2z1hFfjbzV9K3g9XLWUYOlACNaupLDrvJMxMa-TYv-SJHAEcZztUeDs_ww7hFgxXUZiX_F_KTHMj-OJwqmYTdc2csipuXZ_ti_ukMpHYzhvZvBeetJExBq4JLX_Ayh5bYZ2UDMDe_GhuC7mP29oYWCY3yI2BKCwFDjvpNV-UlyKiXTX9ZLdpjUpSJ78F8_g-1o4kK2wdp4YQxnJY7uf7pzEgLhOARMZh8jhm_YQPlKv8_VDuOHVTT_W6mAKDpAUBkxFa-xKbOH_JHvyJ9-p_FIz6h_d8eaF43m=w1250-h937-no

This is the stretch of beach - 2 chairs and umbrellas were $15.  There are 2 food/bar stands we always have eaten at the brown structure - BBQ hotdogs are so good (it's the bread 🙂 ) plus chicken and ribs, hamburgers etc.  Cheap!

bJ32XK5AMdLokOA4CUSfzPBzC1Iux33so_YH8GIEOzX1oYmpUMlYqeKQtx465FF5sibqcMuO7jfWX2WuQEgBnce9-UfX3tEJV_0feqMC4MR14tG81fYg62CMppzTM5rp-bL-EPUDMA_DQFENbWtvw_Sssm_Ie3u1fHZhEyalDrdCYssKhEHzeUoUrMmgwhqKmUeQE2eokb2DW5XHvmZqP6c2_oAiUzp5pHHfaYU4CVKZgXHy5ooTX8V-LjQIVgSrXlOJOoGg-zfk-R-8ktV5d7uK5qUVmzzXdirFMWSm0h5BeWJAQKwnN_BEifHvrptC_o6c6kC6AB2EnQaCZNvhic-LQZLQ71gLYwtAqrCsr5dFci23XkaIYuFg09XZOR69h0dPa3PVD6AKAX8_t_NSyNTSbNUUJ12QwqnRFdTZ0nyl4G_7sXdEAmPqFApGEc4S6mYNev-fOs3trOTlddni_aPCv10QFbeHS7Anw8tNTb9cRjakrLZQjyoyTZzA4hgip5AeWrcwE9si5kvFDYJ1VrB8gibVBwnEYG0sjU21sxJrBLLhdIijb_7-3Xkz61V5rIQWWZLjA3Y5AfjLhA_4IlQQc2zkieO_8eLlyt03Al64ocgDC0Ylx2UhH6PeCAjIHoLOeMgjB-cSV8QhizoB1RvOuvsr2bm3=w1250-h937-no

This was at sunset when we spent the weekend.  It's a bit of steep pitch into the water but it's fine because the sand is supersoft so you can make yourself some stairs or slide 😄 .  

There are some larger flat boulders in the water but it's not what I would consider a rocky beach.  I wear water shoes always because I have a bad pinky toe that likes to dislocate at will, but no one else wore water shoes at Mullet.

You can see the planes land at Maho from here but with a lot less noise and it's never been overly crowded.

Ak-NpOtyVpKauavclo1Dmmzrtj_bzzYLaFKuj61AAvy8px6UV5dp3PIp5r8a1KVN-i1Te5y7krzt3TU-xCA67w3_zgV4hueqKqKL7aV4h_Mk4-5Zte3K1MqOj3bZoMoIg4QnM8nnayvenWmwLV7d5C9BJyUClOwlR9lUYxXNZhdgr4wyZPs1KqeVYeGc95CX-IpqYDrcbd-FRFE_oxGRACkbVnaKPsJ8xU5F7tesq6H7aSqgnUZIQsNvvM2EP3MxGo7134ov2l3Z-hOjcqzwujSCuLBEEEzWyKv9rHuMYvh0fnMSa52SzQlq_J5tLEmrxP8vfGaWlBDBW0N8cH2FtR24HlxDG6IiVoQnCtlcyHOrhwWO8cKPRlPBYuudif5w8W68oPC2FYoKr6DpenSNImK3hyq14MBQMbzUmtZhOTSiPjOAWWsnwatZk3JM0dQcuKNzD-PEkLkL1O-oou53v15JaYoQa6s38Lk2TwOjtTyJHxvlpeyP-AfdTFzDJ7Rluzi6hYq3Lnd98I1aZ5VI7owYHQ_JSWntXV03AStWZ8jioMCYaus8VtPBWbVpjZVMXxhMGcD6fjMIUpdZiHXAiGDOhise7CK7YTFrG6ap7Bu2iZHih3y_0uXrrApGS4685n-82FpPiYp0jVMG2sJR-8kZdLhm8iJn=w1250-h937-no

I may or maynot have been intoxicated enough to be making a sand angel here... we will never know lol

-W4wUTSmUPjjRgGaPgHOJAL3gME12LUUi7TfC6mt1k6d9JZQK0-v2Hc2cqFK7NKVY63BBwOEhm-EsT2pozxPxjd46CuuNbpfHAmWqnTngn56sYdWHOvrOPJgP1IffIU3-K8QPb-O-zcq_6Uuy9xq-XBIHtr6qcr5g8gLpdDYsMjTo2cRd3HGy_XAH_lCVlyPp5iQ8Sgwo2zosPUl4P4CbiH3-4n3TYBdDNkXthew5jlgT2c_OOG4VFMWPFvo2KA1zNVxJ6Dl521EAsW1LT-FhzEQrZGsZqLvPyEZAZ22oS89uJLz8RSlQFQETX-1g0CC_8n26AzhDA8tkglMtGCDzwE8lA3WfRRWcNAdqcz8MwBdSm4J8K7iw7VyJZl8URuyJn9jnZ5q3nUgRMpC7IH_fgavMM3kh4gVTuMorSbGRrakG0v2cSypdLexXSNjtNnYUOdqIosBHfPE0Y0LVbdQNTJf8SKZU2AJazLdUJJQnCB3LWnBnBIL3-pVKyyC72JGVbhWyuDjpxeKvEqmu1N6aOXUoK8PZBHHzBsRrPj4cj0fFeB0r1q-KYeg6D1hhSDA7xFtbPHn5z6Fvkr3v5L3M8Gh5GVD-kXXU_a4SCu3nab45Uqb_da98cZHJ7nzUido0usCqTnMBxfygXR_Ef2jDnsnAOCOrQ6p=w1666-h937-no

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2019 at 9:56 AM, Luv06012012 said:

Two questions....are there restrooms there?  How long of a ride is it from port?  Thanks!

Only one portapotty.
(went in Septemeber).

Otherwise the beach was beautiful and not crowded.

• 2 months later...

any updates on this beach ?   it is on my list for our March 2020 cruise.

a) cost for taxi from cruise pier and approx travel time in avg traffic.

b) still only porta potties ?

if crbnlvr had photos in the message  above i can't see them.  

thanks 

linda 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2019 at 8:10 AM, wkwthme said:

This beach sounds perfect! Any advice on how to ensure return transportation to ship? 

We arranged with our drop off taxi driver ($10/pp each way) a time for return last September.  I wouldn’t recommend assuming taxis would otherwise be waiting.

Much less crowded than Maho & no steep banks or big waves as mentioned above.

sooner

10 hours ago, soonernstlouis said:

We arranged with our drop off taxi driver ($10/pp each way) a time for return last September.  I wouldn’t recommend assuming taxis would otherwise be waiting.

Much less crowded than Maho & no steep banks or big waves as mentioned above.

Thanks for this information, very helpful.  

One can take taxi to Mullet in the morning.

Enjoy less crowded reasonable beach.

After few hours (planes start coming after 1:30 pm) walk to maho 

(use google maps)

Enjoy plane watching.

Getting taxi back from Maho should be easy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 2:28 PM, hal2008 said:

One can take taxi to Mullet in the morning.

Enjoy less crowded reasonable beach.

After few hours (planes start coming after 1:30 pm) walk to maho 

(use google maps)

Enjoy plane watching.

Getting taxi back from Maho should be easy.

how far is the walk from Mullet to Maho? 

On 7/27/2019 at 4:01 PM, mitsugirly said:

We were there a few years ago and we enjoyed our day there. Very pretty beach! But, I'm not sure how it is after the hurricane and rebuilding. At the time we were there, there wasn't a drop off and it was a rather nice sandy beach with a sandy entrance.

If you are interested, my review is located HERE and there's tons of pictures.

great info, looks like everyone had a fun day. How was the snorkeling? Thanks for taking the time to post this!!

5 hours ago, Najuliseer said:

great info, looks like everyone had a fun day. How was the snorkeling? Thanks for taking the time to post this!!

Not really much there when we went. It's a sandy bottom beach so you'd only find snorkeling over by the rocks and the only thing we seen were sea urchins.

16 hours ago, Najuliseer said:

how far is the walk from Mullet to Maho? 

We made the walk last time we were there.  Maybe 15-20 minutes (its a little tricky following the Google map that someone created, but there is a golf course between the beaches.  I'm really glad we went to Mullet that day instead of Maho for beach time because there wasn't much beach left at the time between the road and the sea.  It was really crowded compared to Mullet.  We rented chairs, umbrella and enjoyed beverages while at the beach.  The snorkeling area is the size closer to Maho and there were a lot of folks taking advantage of it.  It also gives you a unique perspective on the planes landing in SXM from Mullet.