Where is everyone ???

Ray in NH

3 minutes ago, CdMAgFox said:

Hello Tom47!

You will really enjoy your ACL cruise on the Columbia and Snake Rivers. Be sure to take the optional jet boat ride up the Snake River at Clarkston; it is quite a ride! Are you starting in Portland or Clarkston? A trip journal for my October 2019 trip appears above in a previous post, in case you are interested. Mine was the 11-day “Northwest Pioneers Cruise” on the new American Song. Things should be quite cool in September.

~Ron

Hi Ron

We are also on the American Song, Portland to Clarkston, 11 day Northwest Cruise, Sept 24 start date.  We are a little wary of the jet boat ride.  Is it bumpy?  We prefer scenic river raft trips to whitewater trips.  We are in our early 70s  However, if the scenery is worthwhile, then we might book.  Our next cruise is 50th anniversary on Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas with DD, DSIL, and 3 DGC.

We were on the Pearl Mist, Feb 2019 Cuba cruise.  DW and I never used the balcony as the door was very difficult to open/close.  The room was spacious. We did enjoy the cruise.

Thanks for your recs.

Tom.

24 minutes ago, Tom47 said:

Hi Ron

We are also on the American Song, Portland to Clarkston, 11 day Northwest Cruise, Sept 24 start date.  We are a little wary of the jet boat ride.  Is it bumpy?  We prefer scenic river raft trips to whitewater trips.  We are in our early 70s  However, if the scenery is worthwhile, then we might book.  Our next cruise is 50th anniversary on Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas with DD, DSIL, and 3 DGC.

We were on the Pearl Mist, Feb 2019 Cuba cruise.  DW and I never used the balcony as the door was very difficult to open/close.  The room was spacious. We did enjoy the cruise.

Thanks for your recs.

Tom.

Hello again, Tom,

Yes, the jet boat ride is a bit on the bumpy side, but perfectly safe, I think. Myself, I am 81, as were many aboard all of the THREE jet boats, but we all survived just fine. The boat captains are very expert and do these trips many times a day, every day, so they really know the river and where all of the rapids are. It is quite thrilling, never the less! 
I am glad to learn that you are also on the longer version of this cruise - 11 days. Makes the trip first DOWN the Columbia to Astoria seem like another cruise. I hope you have better luck with the weather at Mount St. Helens; it was all socked in when we were there.

Even in October when I went, it was quite cool so I can imagine that your trip will be even colder; yours is the last such cruise of the season, if I am not mistaken. 
Enjoy!

~Ron

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CdMAgFox said:

Hello again, Tom,

Yes, the jet boat ride is a bit on the bumpy side, but perfectly safe, I think. Myself, I am 81, as were many aboard all of the THREE jet boats, but we all survived just fine. The boat captains are very expert and do these trips many times a day, every day, so they really know the river and where all of the rapids are. It is quite thrilling, never the less! 
I am glad to learn that you are also on the longer version of this cruise - 11 days. Makes the trip first DOWN the Columbia to Astoria seem like another cruise. I hope you have better luck with the weather at Mount St. Helens; it was all socked in when we were there.

Even in October when I went, it was quite cool so I can imagine that your trip will be even colder; yours is the last such cruise of the season, if I am not mistaken. 
Enjoy!

~Ron

DW says that she will pass.  I'm on the fence.

• 2 months later...
On 3/5/2020 at 11:09 AM, Tom47 said:

DW says that she will pass.  I'm on the fence.

Tom,

It has been quite a spring since last we communicated. My May 22nd cruise with Pearl Seas Cruise was cancelled and I received a full refund; my American Airlines flights were on AADVANTAGE miles, which were reinstated, so everything turned out okay for me. I am wondering what the situation is with your September cruise on the Columbia River. Hopefully you will still be able to take it, assuming things have calmed down by then. Let me know how things turned out for you.

~Ron

1 hour ago, CdMAgFox said:

Tom,

It has been quite a spring since last we communicated. My May 22nd cruise with Pearl Seas Cruise was cancelled and I received a full refund; my American Airlines flights were on AADVANTAGE miles, which were reinstated, so everything turned out okay for me. I am wondering what the situation is with your September cruise on the Columbia River. Hopefully you will still be able to take it, assuming things have calmed down by then. Let me know how things turned out for you.

~Ron

I spoke to ACL a week ago and it is still scheduled.  Our 50th anniversary cruise in March on Royal Caribbean with family was cancelled. We had already flown to Florida.  We received refunds for the cruise and drink packages just yesterday.

Edited by Tom47

17 hours ago, whoopie said:

Anyone taking an American Cruise Line trip this summer? We are booked on one and I am not sure if it is wise or foolish to do it. We can get a full refund. 

Hi Whoopie,

We are booked on Constitution -- Grand New England Cruise -- supposedly sailing on 01 August.

ACL just requested the "Guest Information and Homeland Security Form" from us, so we are hoping that they are still intending to sail on that date????  If so, we fully intend to be on board.

NRayH

We are booked on the American Constellation on June 26th  for the Alaskan Explorer Cruise.  Have not heard anything from ACL but we are hoping it is a go.  Our NCL round-trip cruise from Rome for June 7th was canceled. 

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, whoopie said:

We are not currently aboard the Song. When we cancelled we were told that about 50 passengers were still planning to sail. I wonder if masks are required on the boat. 

Whoppie, that is too bad that you had to cancel your Columbia River Cruise aboard the ACL Song, but I am glad that you got your refund. You didn’t say the dates of your cruise but I am assuming it was about at this time. I would find it surprising if the cruise actually happened, especially with the elevated current state of the COVID virus situation. According to their stated policies in regard to safety precautions, ACL included statements about requiring masks, medical personnel aboard, 75% occupancy, accelerated cleaning procedures, among others. (See ACL’s website for their complete statement)

My next cruise is not until May 7th of next year - ACL’s “Grand Puget Sound” aboard their Constellation, at which time I am hoping that this terrible virus situation has settled down. At 82 it could be one of my last cruises!

~Ron

7FE24040-A4C1-4BAC-9895-658C6109752A.jpeg

Yes our cruise was due to sail June 28th. Maybe next year... but who knows. I also have some international flights which we cancelled and hope to do next year to visit family overseas. 

17 hours ago, whoopie said:

We are not currently aboard the Song. When we cancelled we were told that about 50 passengers were still planning to sail. I wonder if masks are required on the boat. 

Song is still in Portland suburb of Vancouver, so looks like no June 26 cruise is taking place.  Harmony is still in New Orleans, so their June 28 cruise from Memphis didn't happen either.  ACL just canceled our July 30 cruise on the Harmony (Mississippi), and I doubt any ACL ship will be sailing this summer.

We were scheduled for Alaskan Explorer cruise on June 26th that was canceled.  We re booked for the same cruise on July 23rd.  So far we are a go, but they could still cancel.  I think the state of Alaska is still requiring a negative test taken within 72 hrs prior to flight departure.  That could be a problem as our tests have to be sent from Western Colorado to Denver across the mountain.  That adds another day to the time it takes to get results back.  And the test is only done Monday - Friday, we fly from Grand Junction on Tuesday morning.  To get the swab done on Friday would be over the 72 hrs.  To get it done on Monday might mean we would not get results back before arriving in Juneau, Alaska.  We will spend one night in Seattle as we change airlines there.  And one night in hotel in Juneau prior to the cruise.  Hoping we will get results back while in Seattle.

Hi All,

As of today, actually as of yesterday, (cannot get too far ahead these days), we are still scheduled to sail on 01 August -- Grand New England, aboard Constitution.  We are keeping fingers crossed and massaging the rabbit foot.  Fortunately, no flights involved for this one.

Hoping to get back on-board -- already had two cruises cancelled, one rescheduled, for next year.  We love our house and neighborhood, but the "wander-lust" is calling.

Hoping all are "staying safe".

NRayH

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray in NH said:

Hi All,

As of today, actually as of yesterday, (cannot get too far ahead these days), we are still scheduled to sail on 01 August -- Grand New England, aboard Constitution.  We are keeping fingers crossed and massaging the rabbit foot.  Fortunately, no flights involved for this one.

Hoping to get back on-board -- already had two cruises cancelled, one rescheduled, for next year.  We love our house and neighborhood, but the "wander-lust" is calling.

NRayH

Hi also to all

We are still scheduled for our Northwest Pioneers cruise Sept 25.  Our 50th anniversary cruise was cancelled in March.  We rescheduled  March 2021 and that was cancelled 3 days ago. We rescheduled March 2022.  A 52nd anniversary with our DD and family.

Stay safe

Tom

1 hour ago, Ray in NH said:

Hi All,

NRayH

Good morning, Ray!

l am hoping for your sake that your Grand New England Cruise is a “go”. It is good that there are no flights required. As I may have mentioned before, this was my first ACL cruise back in July 2018 and I have very fond memories of that experience. So, best of luck with this cruise and Bon Voyage!

~Ron

Does anyone have any real information whether ANY American Cruise Lines ships are sailing with passengers or has anyone confirmed with ACL whether their cruise is happening?

Edited by BaumD

1 hour ago, BaumD said:

Does anyone have any real information whether ANY American Cruise Lines ships are sailing with passengers or has anyone confirmed with ACL whether their cruise is happening?

A few days ago, ACL updated their website to say:

The disruptions caused by COVID-19 have necessitated that we suspend cruises through July 20 of this year. Additional cruises in certain regions have also been suspended...

So, no, there are no ships sailing now.  Just my opinion, but I doubt any will be sailing this summer...

• 8 months later...
On 3/4/2020 at 8:38 PM, CdMAgFox said:

Hello again, Tom,

Enjoy!

~Ron

I wonder if I can prevail on you to expand on the comment about the jet boat ride being "a bit on the bumpy side". My wife is experiencing a resurgence of some back trouble (she got it from many years of horseback riding and ... yes, whitewater rafting and kayaking). We'd really love to do this excursion, but obviously not if it's going to be very jouncy. Maybe on a scale from 1 - "barely noticed" to 10 - "almost intolerable"?

4 hours ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

I wonder if I can prevail on you to expand on the comment about the jet boat ride being "a bit on the bumpy side". My wife is experiencing a resurgence of some back trouble (she got it from many years of horseback riding and ... yes, whitewater rafting and kayaking). We'd really love to do this excursion, but obviously not if it's going to be very jouncy. Maybe on a scale from 1 - "barely noticed" to 10 - "almost intolerable"?

We are rescheduled to do this cruise on Sept 29 this year.  We are going to pass on the jet boat ride.  i will post on fellow cruisers comments when we return.  We like scenic, calm boat rides.  The rr excursion is no longer available, unfortunately.