Julia Street Terminal Parking

cruisegus

Now that RCCL is again sailing from NOLA, I know that they share the Julia St terminal with NCL although they sail out on Saturday instead of Sunday as NCL does.  So far I have only sailed on Carnival out of NOLA and am again this Xmas, but have booked Majesty of the Seas in Feb.

I have read some web pages (they might be old) that say "Parking is offered in the Erato St. garage, adjacent to the Julia St. Cruise Terminal."   But I have also read that parking to Julia St terminal is also an uncovered open type lot near the terminal.  The only open lot I see nearby is the one highlighted in this picture.

Does anyone know if this is the one they are talking about?

Is the entrance where I have marked with the arrow?

Can I actually park at the Erato St. garage as I found stated above?

I like to plan ahead so thanks for the help.

image.png

48 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I haven't cruised NCL or RCL but I would use the port of NO website for the most accurate information.

https://www.portnola.com/cruise/parking-directions

yup I checked that prior to posting, problem is it says to drop luggage with sky caps and then you will be directed to parking.

Problem is I don't drop luggage as I carry on, and want to avoid the hassle of that traffic if I can just go directly to the parking lot.

I have to believe someone on these boards has sailed NCL and knows how it works and where port parking is.  Guess if I don't get any answers I will try to figure it out when I'm there for my Xmas cruise

Just now, cruisegus said:

yup I checked that prior to posting, problem is it says to drop luggage with sky caps and then you will be directed to parking.

Problem is I don't drop luggage as I carry on, and want to avoid the hassle of that traffic if I can just go directly to the parking lot.

I have to believe someone on these boards has sailed NCL and knows how it works and where port parking is.  Guess if I don't get any answers I will try to figure it out when I'm there for my Xmas cruise

I'm pretty sure it's the lot you have circled. That's where RCCL seems to be directing you.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/driving-directions-port-new-orleans-louisiana

I agree that is the correct lot as I have heard it refer to as the “whale lot”  and now I know why, with the mural of the whales on the wall facing the lot .

Just not sure of the entrance to use for cruise parking

18 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

I agree that is the correct lot as I have heard it refer to as the “whale lot”  and now I know why, with the mural of the whales on the wall facing the lot .

Just not sure of the entrance to use for cruise parking

My guess would be the arrow that you drew in your picture. I was in New Orleans during an NCL day in December and they had everything else blocked off.

Here you can see the Do Not Enter sign. Too bad that car is blocking the rest of the sign. Then in the second pic, just to the left you can see people with their suitcases.

8642729d5c40000b32470677321240c6.jpg

ac01eacfcdd2b771f909ae34e99bec93.jpg

If you are not dropping off luggage, just drive down Convention Center Blvd. and enter the Whale lot at the entrance indicated in the photo. That is the only vehicle entrance to the lot. You will avoid the congestion at the Erato Street and Julia Street terminals and save a good bit of time. There is construction going on along CCB right now that will make this trip a bit confusing, so just be patient. 

After you park, head towards to covered walkway you see crossing the railroad tracks. There are two options to getting to the terminal. You can take a right after you cross the tracks and walk along Port Of New Orleans Place to the terminal, about a block. You will be walking against traffic and there are signs telling you not to do this, but it is the quickest route.

You can also take the escalator or elevator up to the Riverwalk mall. To your left you will see an elevator that will take you directly into the terminal.

Your choice.

Do a dry run when you are here at Christmas. It is actually less complicated than it sounds.