Sojourn refurbishment

BuckGood

Sojourn was in dry dock in December 2017. SB tends to dry dock its fleet every 3 years.

We were on the second cruise after the refurb. Apart from the usual dry dock work on the ship some improvements were made to the suites, soft furnishing, bathroom marble, USB ports by the beds etc. Also public areas had new carpet etc. 

Is there something specific you'd like to know about? 

6 minutes ago, SLSD said:

The swimming pool was worked on extensively during our May/June Kobe to Vancouver itinerary.  

SLSD, do you think that the deck problem was resolved during that work ? We're on for 25 days in December and I have my fingers crossed that this long-standing problem will be worked out!

39 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

SLSD, do you think that the deck problem was resolved during that work ? We're on for 25 days in December and I have my fingers crossed that this long-standing problem will be worked out!

Isklaar, I think we were told that the deck would be worked on while we were onboard.  While we observed the pool getting extensive work, the weather was SO bad that we did not venture out for many days---and I did not specifically see the deck getting repairs. Perhaps it did and we just didn't notice.  Maybe someone else who was on board with us observed more.  The pool, on the other hand, should be in great shape.  These were not minor repairs they were doing on the pool.  

50 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

we were on one or two weeks before SLSD and were out by or in the pool constantly as the weather was hot and sunny. We noticed no issues with the deck anywhere at all, no loose boards, nothing warped, none of the things I've heard discussed previously. The deck was pretty busy that cruise. 

3 hours ago, Isklaar said:

Sojourn was in dry dock in December 2017. SB tends to dry dock its fleet every 3 years.

We were on the second cruise after the refurb. Apart from the usual dry dock work on the ship some improvements were made to the suites, soft furnishing, bathroom marble, USB ports by the beds etc. Also public areas had new carpet etc. 

3 hours ago, Isklaar said:

No, we are going to be on her in September and was just curious. Thanks!

We were on the Sojourn from October to February.  The deck repair ended the first week we were onboard.  We didn’t notice any issues once it was completed other than the solvent smell that dissipated after about a month.  Have fun!

Thank you SLSD for the update about the pool.

Thanks also to rols and MWillow for the pool deck repair info. I must admit, having last seen the poor condition of areas of the deck in January 2018 and then having read various posts here about its demise since, I expected it to be a major task to get it up to standard. Hopefully the work has now resolved the situation at least until the next dry dock, if it's necessary then. 

We were on for 14 nights from June 18th this year and the deck was being worked on the whole time. Everything looked in good shape though. (Actually the deck looked fine, not sure what work they were doing).

1 hour ago, HPSOV said:

We were on for 14 nights from June 18th this year and the deck was being worked on the whole time. Everything looked in good shape though. (Actually the deck looked fine, not sure what work they were doing).

I'm going to suggest they were likely trying to avoid further issues. It is just a guess of course but we were told that it would be an ongoing task which would need attention until the next dry dock. Glad to hear it looked fine!