Documents mailed but still no cabin number

Hello all,

My husband and I are boarding a cruise on the Ovation August 31,  2019.  Today my travel agent called to let me know they were mailing our cruise  documents but we still have not received our cabin number.  So my question is has this happened to any of you.  Also we are shipping our luggage through Luggage Forward without a cabin number.

I am sure this will all work out but I would appreciate hearing from you if you ever had the same problem.

Thanks,

Nan

I assume you took a guarantee, which is typically - but depends on the cruise - assigned within the last 7-14 days prior.  We always book the suite we want so I have no firsthand knowledge only what I have heard from others and read on this board.  The only time we could not select our suite was when on a part of a World Cruise years ago but we knew about a month in advance what we were assigned.  Good luck!

23 minutes ago, seniorladycruiser said:

Hello all,

My husband and I are boarding a cruise on the Ovation August 31,  2019.  Today my travel agent called to let me know they were mailing our cruise  documents but we still have not received our cabin number.  So my question is has this happened to any of you.  Also we are shipping our luggage through Luggage Forward without a cabin number.

I am sure this will all work out but I would appreciate hearing from you if you ever had the same problem.

Thanks,

Nan

Nan, Yes, this happened to us--and we expected it.  We received our documents and then, about a week before we embarked, our TA was sent our suite number which she emailed to us.  

45 minutes ago, seniorladycruiser said:

Hello all,

seniorladycruiser,

This happens EVERY TIME we do an OB GTY - 100% of the time. We get our documents long before our suite assignment.  Don't worry, you'll get your suite assignment about 10 -14 days out.  Here's what I do; start logging into your Seabourn account and go to your cruise.  One magical day your suite will change from OB to XXX - yeah! 🙂  Let not your heart be troubled.  It's always good news.  FYI: all luggage is checked against the manifest when it arrived on the ship so no bags will be lost once on board.  Very exciting.

Once we thought we knew our cabin number before embarking, only to discover when we showed up to get on the ship that we had been upgraded.  And even then, they somehow managed to get our luggage to us only a little bit late despite the fact that the luggage tags all had the wrong cabin number on them.  The moral: they are expert at taking care of you, so you only need to relax and enjoy the experience.

Edited by DavidTheWonderer

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, seniorladycruiser said:

So now it’s 12 days out and no cabin.  My husband and I have made a joke about it and we are fine, just curious.

If you are using a travel agent, check with him/her.  In our case, Seabourn emailed our travel agent with our suite number.  

7 hours ago, seniorladycruiser said:

So now it’s 12 days out and no cabin.  My husband and I have made a joke about it and we are fine, just curious.

I’m not sure what the joke is or why you would not be fine?  You booked a guarantee.  Although it doesn’t happen often, you may not learn your suite number until you check in at the port.  If you’re not comfortable with that, pay the price for an assigned suite...

Edited by florisdekort
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, seniorladycruiser said:

For our three most recent Seabourn cruises we received our suite allocation between 4 and 7 days prior to embarkation. 

Hi everyone!  Good news....we have been assigned our cabin!  It was almost a letdown as we were enjoying our little game of checking everyday.  We were assigned a V6 on deck 8 and are delighted.  One week from tomorrow we fly to Copenhagen.

Thanks for all the comments.

Nan

5 hours ago, seniorladycruiser said:

Hi everyone!  Good news....we have been assigned our cabin!  It was almost a letdown as we were enjoying our little game of checking everyday.  We were assigned a V6 on deck 8 and are delighted.  One week from tomorrow we fly to Copenhagen.

Thanks for all the comments.

Nan

Have a great cruise!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 10:17 AM, sloopjohnb said:

Hello, Nan!

We also received our suite assignment for the same cruise yesterday.

My round at the Sky Bar after muster drill!

Johnny

We are sailing in June 2020 and have our cabin number already.

4 minutes ago, Videopark said:

We are sailing in June 2020 and have our cabin number already.

Did you book a GTY/guarantee fare, which is what is being discussed on this thread? If so  it's highly unusual to have your cabin number already so  many months in advance, so you're very lucky. Normally allocation is approx 14 days in advance, and for us most recently it's been around 7 days or a little less. 

Edited by Isklaar

We are doing a GTY for our cruise in December as it was booked as an 'extra' late in the day.  This will be the first time we've done this, we have always chosen our suite on previous cruises.  I have high hopes for a spectacular upgrade 😁

8 hours ago, Videopark said:

Our TA booked through the Polar on-line when we booked the cruise. Got the cabin # right there. I understand a few companies use that web site.

That's not an OB/GTY though is it?  That's what we normally do - choose our suite - but when you do an OB you don't know what suite number until just before embarkation.  

• Like 1