Caribbean Princess starting on July 27

CruiseVA

18 minutes ago, cruiserdru said:

I'm not sure how to choose between the chocolate journey and the soufflé. 😧

Get both! Norman Love was on  the Caribbean Princess in March making sure his recipes were made correctly.

• Like 1

Not yet, but it is on my To Do list for my cruise next week. When I asked about this on an earlier Live from Caribbean Princess topic, someone said they very much enjoyed it. The only info they shared was the cost so I am very pleased that you posted this.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Has anyone tried this from Vines?

20190803_091556.jpg

My girlfriend did who happens to actually be on the Caribbean Princess right now!  She did it while on the Regal a few months back and sent me pictures.  Really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Bar Harbor is gorgeous. There was a small arts festival going on right near the dock.

My wife and I had lunch at Testa’s. (I used to write the wine list for their Palm Beach location many years ago). She enjoyed some lobster tacos, and I had some local Haddock. Both caught fresh this morning. 

9B4DEA4A-AD05-4E7E-AAE4-0DE82FA36C7D.jpeg

8516A9FB-E838-41FC-83EE-5FF576B5B52B.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Vines seems to be struggling on this sailing. We were interested in a particular tasting, but nobody signed up. Whenever we walk by, it’s empty or the people sitting there were using it as overflow from the International Cafe.

It's been awhile since I was on a ship with a Vines. Do they still not open on port days until 4 in the afternoon and open at 11 am on sea days??? Always wished they opened earlier every day.

17 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

.One thing I dislike is that with these medallions, the crew seems to feel that they are entitled to call you by your first name.  I prefer Dr. LastName and I really don't enjoy the waiters singing out Hi, FirstName, as I walk by.  

So what I suggest is that you go back into Ocean Ready and modify your profile so that it doesn't default to FirstName. It can show a title if that's what you prefer. Ask for help at the Ocean Navigator desk if you cannot figure it out

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

3 missing passengers, gumming up the works, and delaying our departure from Bar Harbor.

I hope they are ok.

Indeed - that was interesting, I always assumed that if I didn't make it back I was on my own.    Guess I don't have to worry when I get back to the ship?  Why were we rushing back?

Edited by CruiseVA

This captain sure does love his drills. I think we’ve had 3 or 4 so far. Today is the largest drill I’ve witnessed to date. Full fire fighter gear. All of the staff in life jackets. Folks schlepping equipment and charts everywhere. It’s really quite interesting to see. I asked one officer if today’s drill was more intensive because this is their first call in Canada, and she said, “no, he just likes to drill”

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

This captain sure does love his drills. I think we’ve had 3 or 4 so far. Today is the largest drill I’ve witnessed to date. Full fire fighter gear. All of the staff in life jackets. Folks schlepping equipment and charts everywhere. It’s really quite interesting to see. I asked one officer if today’s drill was more intensive because this is their first call in Canada, and she said, “no, he just likes to drill”

For the crew you cannot do enough drills onboard a ship.

They will take every opportunity to stay sharp, especially with firefighting.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2019 at 3:54 PM, Ombud said:

So what I suggest is that you go back into Ocean Ready and modify your profile so that it doesn't default to FirstName. It can show a title if that's what you prefer. Ask for help at the Ocean Navigator desk if you cannot figure it out

Our upcoming cruise aboard the Caribbean will be our introduction to the Medallion.  Being greeted by one's first name like that might conjure up thoughts of an attendance at a Bill W. Meeting? :classic_biggrin:

Edited by ONT-CA

23 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

Indeed - that was interesting, I always assumed that if I didn't make it back I was on my own.    Guess I don't have to worry when I get back to the ship?  Why were we rushing back?

Apparently, they were on a private whale watching excursion and they did make it back - late.

Long queues in returning back on board today in St. John, mainly due to the fact that only one medallion reader was being used. A few elderly pax were struggling in the upward ‘tunnels’. My DH did ask why only one was being used and he was informed that there were many staff on lunch and so it was difficult to manage 🙄. They did eventually open another reader on a lower deck after waiting for the tides to turn (strange when the staff reckoned they only had one available onboard 🤔).

Formal night and the MDR (Island) was very busy. I didn’t see any shorts tonight in the MDR as I have on previous evenings on this cruise. The theatre was full again, but no one was standing on the stairs. The CD stated there would be an extra show tomorrow afternoon in Halifax: Scottish performers for a matinee show at 4.30pm.

8 hours ago, villauk said:

Long queues in returning back on board today in St. John, mainly due to the fact that only one medallion reader was being used.

We popped on and off a few times without the slightest delay....on the promenade deck, one medallion reader. I did hear one older lady kvetch, but it was about how far she had to walk to get off the ship. What did she expect, to be plopped down right in front of her tour bus!?