Caribbean Princess starting on July 27

CruiseVA

Halifax has many port webcams so it was super easy and fun to watch as the CB sailed into port. Looks like a lovely day so hope everyone enjoys it.

Very much appreciate all the comments, either good or bad, of experiences of those on the ship.  We board in September.

Edited by Northern Light
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

We popped on and off a few times without the slightest delay....on the promenade deck, one medallion reader. I did hear one older lady kvetch, but it was about how far she had to walk to get off the ship. What did she expect, to be plopped down right in front of her tour bus!?

It WAS a long walk and then thru a souvenir tent.  Some day you may "kvetch."

• Like 1

Halifax has a beautiful port and boardwalk. My wife and I walked about 6 miles today and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The locals are very friendly. The Zaandam pulled in shortly after us, so there were 5000+ of us all at once, but we never felt crowded. We hope to visit Halifax again some day.  

BE4B3CA3-1411-415F-9953-7A63AF8CB50C.jpeg

Edited by CineGraphic

On 8/3/2019 at 3:54 PM, Ombud said:

So what I suggest is that you go back into Ocean Ready and modify your profile so that it doesn't default to FirstName. It can show a title if that's what you prefer. Ask for help at the Ocean Navigator desk if you cannot figure it out

On 8/3/2019 at 5:13 PM, Ombud said:

I take ownership and determine how I am addressed. In light of Gilroy & El Paso it's a nonissue 

I have no idea what Ocean Ready is -- if that's a smartphone app, I don't have one of those.  I will ask for help if I come across the Ocean Navigator desk; thank you for your suggestion, even though I feel sure your second post is some sort of snipe at me.  I don't know what Gilroy & El Paso is or what it has to do with a perfectly reasonable desire not to be the subject of over-familiarity by the crew.    

I would definitely return to both Halifax and Bar Harbor, certainly the two stars of the ports so far.  I had the best clam chowder in the world in Bar Harbor, followed by the best blueberry pie in the world.  And I don't even really like blueberries!   

One positive is that this ship is immaculately clean.  There isn't a speck of dust anywhere; every restroom looks pristine -- I've been very impressed.  I also enjoy the garrulous captain (Marco Fortezze), whose English seems to strategically fail him when he must communicate "bad" news, like apologies for slow tender service, but who genuinely seems to enjoy imparting bits of nautical wisdom during his lengthy daily announcements. 

Tonight was Italian night; the tableside preparation of arrabiata was the spiciest I've ever had --- it was delicious but it was on a 5-chili-pepper scale of heat!  The tiramisu was excellent; the eggplant parm was so-so.  In the buffet, unlike on other ships, the salad dressings are the same every day; I miss the tomato vinaigrette, which has not shown up, and I'm tired of the same choices -- including an alarmingly bright green Green Goddess, which I have been too afraid to try:   based on the colour,  it's made with either lime jello or nuclear waste from Chernobyl, neither of which sound tempting . . . 

On 7/31/2019 at 4:53 PM, FloaterBoat said:

Can anyone snap some photos of the fitness center for me.  Some of the free weights and machines.

And also the World Market.  Some of the food choices, meats, fruits, desserts..  And some of the seating.

Also, a few of the Piazza. Maybe from above, looking down, and then from floor level.

That'd be wonderful. Whenever you have time.  Thanks in advance.

I am not a photographer and  these photos were taken few days ago with my iPhone: the “library” in the Internet cafe, Wines, The photo with children is Piazza at 10 pm Friday night.

I saw in World Market someone taking tortilla with his hand and someone else leaving a dirty dish near the clean ones and now I go there only if I want bananas or something else I ask the staff for.

I hope someone else will have better photos for you.

DAABC44B-7B9B-42A4-B39F-1D358BD34E38.jpeg

F95EC1DE-3AC9-4B32-8AD9-B833D866C4F4.jpeg

90BB9D38-6438-4FAE-A586-B007BBE58F7D.jpeg

09361CF9-8094-46FB-A422-84292AC65553.jpeg

677B69D0-8CDA-49F5-AC9F-CDC2ABF38AD9.jpeg

Edited by Pansy2801
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pansy2801 said:

I am not a photographer and  these photos were taken few days ago with my iPhone: the “library” in the Internet cafe, Wines, The photo with children is Piazza at 10 pm Friday night.

I saw in World Market someone taking tortilla with his hand and someone else leaving a dirty dish near the clean ones and now I go there only if I want bananas or something else I ask the staff for.

I hope someone else will have better photos for you.

DAABC44B-7B9B-42A4-B39F-1D358BD34E38.jpeg

F95EC1DE-3AC9-4B32-8AD9-B833D866C4F4.jpeg

90BB9D38-6438-4FAE-A586-B007BBE58F7D.jpeg

09361CF9-8094-46FB-A422-84292AC65553.jpeg

677B69D0-8CDA-49F5-AC9F-CDC2ABF38AD9.jpeg

Excellent photos!! Thank you so much!!

10 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

I have no idea what Ocean Ready is 

Ocean Ready is the program used to register for the medallion and where it is entered how cruisers want to be addressed onboard

10 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

onight was Italian night; the tableside preparation of arrabiata was the spiciest I've ever had --- it was delicious but it was on a 5-chili-pepper scale of heat!  The tiramisu was excellent; the eggplant parm was so-so.  In the buffet, unlike on other ships, the salad dressings are the same every day; I miss the tomato vinaigrette, which has not shown up, and I'm tired of the same choices -- including an alarmingly bright green Green Goddess, which I have been too afraid to try:   based on the colour,  it's made with either lime jello or nuclear waste from Chernobyl, neither of which sound tempting . . . 

🤣

On 8/5/2019 at 12:12 PM, CineGraphic said:

Poutine and a Beaver Tail, both a first for us, and both delicious

D9F3BDA1-F5FC-4B7F-9F11-47A6FDEF6719.jpeg

ADACD48D-A6B3-4735-AFF5-784DAB37C622.jpeg

I grew up in Central NYS, we had our version of poutine, gravy &fries, no cheese. I brought the to Williamsburg, VA 21years ago, at first my co-workers thought I was floppy crazy, until they tried. LOL

2 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

I'll second the weather, perfect. Only rain we saw was when we were in a Lyft to a brewery, and, when we were in the brewery in Brooklyn.

We will be on the September 14th cruise and currently are sweltering in south Florida. You had a taste of what we are experiencing when you started your cruise.

Daily downpours do not cool it down.

We did a "Pub crawl" today in Sydney, great tour, fun guide. The other picture is fried pepperoni, saw it on a menu in Halifax, again today, so I tried it. Pepperoni, one of my favorites, fried, not so much. The honey mustard was tasty. Still, I took the few leftovers back for a snack.

Nice little town...

IMG_20190806_114708.jpg

IMG_20190806_142253.jpg

49 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

I grew up in Central NYS, we had our version of poutine, gravy &fries, no cheese. I brought the to Williamsburg, VA 21years ago, at first my co-workers thought I was floppy crazy, until they tried. LOL

Have had poutine at a restaurant in north Palm Beach with PEI mussels. We are looking forward to last lobster, mussels and oysters.