Caribbean Princess starting on July 27

CruiseVA

Great cruise, wonderful memories.  Thanks to all CC members who contributed to our enjoyment.  Just got home after spending a few days in Quebec and Montreal.  Quebec stole my heart.  One complaint:  having to stand for 45 minutes during the Fantastic Journey show (with mechanical issues).  Hope to meet again in some not too distant future.

• Like 2

On 7/27/2019 at 11:21 PM, CruiseVA said:

we both got the unlimited with our elite/plat discount $80? per device for the cruise (should have just bought the 4 device plan for less, but, whatevs...) . I'm using this little guy to share access across my laptop, tablet & phone (at night in the cabin). PITA switching between them... I know, but, hey, I'm paying for 2 people which is more than the 4 device plan! It's not like i'm typing on all 3 device at the same time (although I can, I'm like the great keyboard player Rick Wakeman - of Yes, 1970-80's awesome rock band). 

IMG_20190727_231527.jpg

@CruiseVA - how did you set it up?  It shows me the Medallionet, and my laptop sees it, but so far no internet connection.  I'm trying to use the 'repeater' mode.  I'm not seeing a place to input the login info (only if I open another window on the laptop).  What am I missing?  Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 10:22 PM, mjliss said:

@CruiseVA - how did you set it up?  It shows me the Medallionet, and my laptop sees it, but so far no internet connection.  I'm trying to use the 'repeater' mode.  I'm not seeing a place to input the login info (only if I open another window on the laptop).  What am I missing?  Thanks!

Are you connecting to the router with your laptop? Mine was at 192.168.8.1. Then I connected the GL-iNet to MedallionNet. Then  click on WIRELESS on the left menu of the GL-iNet admin panel and setup your WiFi access point. I already had mine setup, I imagine there is a 'default' GL-iNet WiFi SSID setup. Once I connected the GLiNet to MedallionNet I had internet.

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I just re-read all 15 pages. What a great group effort. I hope more people do group "live" threads in the future.

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and just booked the southbound version of this trip in October, 2021.

It truly was a blast. I'll look at booking this after I get some more FCD's in December. 🙂 Then you can buy me that beer!

6 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

Are you connecting to the router with your laptop? Mine was at 192.168.8.1. Then I connected the GL-iNet to MedallionNet. Then  click on WIRELESS on the left menu of the GL-iNet admin panel and setup your WiFi access point. I already had mine setup, I imagine there is a 'default' GL-iNet WiFi SSID setup. Once I connected the GLiNet to MedallionNet I had internet.

Basically you connect your laptop to the SSID (wireless) of the GLiNet, if that's connected to MedallionNet then you login to MedallionNet from the browser on your laptop. Your laptop should not be connected to MedallionNet, your GLiNet access point should be.  

Don't worry if you mess it up, you can login & logout devices from MedallionNet, but, you can only have one device at a time connected to it.

4 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I just re-read all 15 pages. What a great group effort. I hope more people do group "live" threads in the future.

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and just booked the southbound version of this trip in October, 2021.

Did you start the Roll Call for that cruise yet? 🙂

On 9/19/2019 at 4:07 PM, CineGraphic said:

I just re-read all of it as well, what a blast. We had a great group of people contributing. Looking forward to cruising with y'all again sometime.

PS - it was painful reading all the typos I made, which I blame on typing on my phone, oh, and, vodka LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 5:20 PM, CineGraphic said:

We like him, he’s has a sharp wit. He’s only on the Caribbean for this sailing. Yes, he’s headed to the Sky. He worked for X previously.

Does Alex have a "question of the day" on the Wake Show?  On our last cruise on the Regal, Lexi didn't do one and the show was very boring.  I am sailing on the Sky Nov. 10.

Just now, CruzinNoony said:

Does Alex have a "question of the day" on the Wake Show?  On our last cruise on the Regal, Lexi didn't do one and the show was very boring.  I am sailing on the Sky Nov. 10.

Although we saw him taping segments in the piazza, we stopped watching The Wake Show many cruises ago. It's not our thing.

Hopefully someone else will know. I did however, see forms near the internet center for people to deposit questions or comments for the show. Not sure if that's the same thing. Wish I could be of more help.