Caribbean Princess starting on July 27

CruiseVA

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Found it! Now if I can just forget where 😁 FWIW: If you have left over punches from old cards they do NOT add them to the medallion.  It's the same process as b4

20190727_114225.jpg

I've a no punched card, will see later how the handle it. 

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Found it! Now if I can just forget where 😁 FWIW: If you have left over punches from old cards they do NOT add them to the medallion.  It's the same process as b4

Who said they put old card punches on the Medallion?  🤔

Why would they?

I have never heard that before.

I saw on your day one Patter that Oscar Perrego is the Maitre'd.  There is scuttlebutt that he will be the Maitre'd on the Sky.  If it's convenient would you mind asking him if he is indeed going to be on the Sky?  Thanks.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

I saw on your day one Patter that Oscar Perrego is the Maitre'd.  There is scuttlebutt that he will be the Maitre'd on the Sky.  If it's convenient would you mind asking him if he is indeed going to be on the Sky?  Thanks.

Good question. 😎

18 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

LOL- wish the christening was on sunday, just saying! Still that's exciting! I'll take a look at her tomorrow AM. We're bushed, long day of travels, still glad we're in the same timezone. Checked into the Renaissance at the Port and walked to kelly's landing for dinner. Sat the bar, they have a really fun bartender, and, their seafood is awesome!  Decent selection of craft beer as well (I always, they only need one good beer. See y'all onboard tomorrow, Outrigger?

Never have eaten there. How was it?

Anyone eaten at the Boatyard before sailng on the CB?

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Never have eaten there. How was it?

Anyone eaten at the Boatyard before sailng on the CB?

Boatyard has good fish, a lovely atmosphere with some outside seating by the intercoastal. They take reservations and are moderately expensive. Kelly’s land also has good fish, do not take reservations, tables very close together but a fun atmosphere. A bit less expensive than Boatyard.

We prefer Kellys Landing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is that the area at the back of the ship?  Went looking at that when we were on 3 weeks ago and it looked really nice, including the cabana's.  Not sure if they charge for those or not, but they looked nice.  The loungers at the terrace pool were so much better than the older ones, I hope they put them on fleet wide. 

29 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Is that the area at the back of the ship?  Went looking at that when we were on 3 weeks ago and it looked really nice, including the cabana's.  Not sure if they charge for those or not, but they looked nice.  The loungers at the terrace pool were so much better than the older ones, I hope they put them on fleet wide. 

This section is on deck 17 near the sports area if my memory serves me correct

7 hours ago, Northern Light said:

A request please if it is convenient and you think of it.  We are on the CB Canada/New England cruise in September that includes Newport.  We can't make up our minds what to do there but considering the land/sea excursion. I would really like to see the Clingstone House on the Rocks and wonder if you will cruise by it going into port where the ship will anchor.  No sense going on the sea cruise excursion if the same thing can be seen from the ship.  Thanks a bunch.  Bon Voyage everyone and wish you calm seas and blue skies.  I will love watching the ship leaving Ft Lauderdale today knowing we will soon be on it. 

Sandy 

Clingstone will be seen easily from the ship. It is in the East Passage just off of Jamestown and the ship will sail right passed it. In fact, you should be able to see Clingstone from the ship when she is at anchor.

That being said, a sailboat tour of Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay is fabulous. I highly recommend Sight Sailing. They are on Bowen's Wharf.

We went to anytime dining, the Sea Bassa was super salty, DW mentioned it, the Maitre'd stopped by to explain that it is NOT Chilean Sea Bass, that he hates salty food, a long conversation followed about salt, sugar & they being the cause of the downfall of civilization.  😲 The prime rib was tasty 😉

Sorry about this, the 2nd pic was too blurry...

IMG_20190727_180354.jpg

IMG_20190727_180402.jpg

Edited by CruiseVA
  • Thanks 1

we both got the unlimited with our elite/plat discount $80? per device for the cruise (should have just bought the 4 device plan for less, but, whatevs...) . I'm using this little guy to share access across my laptop, tablet & phone (at night in the cabin). PITA switching between them... I know, but, hey, I'm paying for 2 people which is more than the 4 device plan! It's not like i'm typing on all 3 device at the same time (although I can, I'm like the great keyboard player Rick Wakeman - of Yes, 1970-80's awesome rock band). 

IMG_20190727_231527.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How was checkin for everyone else? Our's was a bit of a cluster, we arrived after 2 big buses, and, they were not ready to handle the people. No big deal, it just took longer than expected.

They could have separated the Peeps with a medallion from those without right out front. No big deal, it just would have been more efficient. we're onboard, and, that's all that matters!

All done, on to the fun!

Edited by CruiseVA

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

No charge according to the waiter at the bar near there.

3 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

How was checkin for everyone else? Our's was a bit of a cluster, we arrived after 2 big buses, and, they were not ready to handle the people. No big deal, it just took longer than expected.

They could have separated the Peeps with a medallion from those without right out front. No big deal, it just would have been more efficient. we're onboard, and, that's all that matters!

All done, on to the fun!

We were literally on in minutes and we had to collect our medallions. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

we both got the unlimited with our elite/plat discount $80? per device for the cruise (should have just bought the 4 device plan for less, but, whatevs...) . I'm using this little guy to share access across my laptop, tablet & phone (at night in the cabin). PITA switching between them... I know, but, hey, I'm paying for 2 people which is more than the 4 device plan! It's not like i'm typing on all 3 device at the same time (although I can, I'm like the great keyboard player Rick Wakeman - of Yes, 1970-80's awesome rock band). 

IMG_20190727_231527.jpg

Is that a GL-AR750 Travel AC router?