Celebrity catamaran trip - Key West

zitsky

My partner gets motion sick but takes meclizine for it, which seems to help.  I get motion sick if the ocean is very rough but I also take meclizine.

I wonder if anyone has done a catamaran trip with Celebrity in December.  How was it?

This is the part that got my attention:  "exhilarating run back to the dock."  Does that mean a rough ride?

Overview

Set a course for fun and underwater adventure aboard The Fury, a state-of-the-art catamaran with a local Captain and crew ready to show you an unforgettable day. Relax and take in the views as your Captain navigates to as snorkeling site along North America’s only living coral reef. All the gear you need is on board, plus The Fury features a special “stairway to the sea” that makes getting in and out of the water a breeze. During your exploration, you’ll see brilliant coral formations, schools of tropical fish, and other exotic creatures. You might even spot a Moray Eel or a giant Eagle Ray soaring through the water. Back on deck, rinse off with a freshwater shower; lounge on the sundeck or unwind in the shaded lounge area; and cool off with an ice-cold beer or refreshing drink on the exhilarating run back to the dock. There is an approximate 10- 15 minute walk from the cruise ship pier to the departure point of this tour.KW54

Edited by zitsky

It  means that they will be under power getting people the approximately 7 miles form the reef to the docks on Key West. Under power usually is 2 -3 knots which isn't too bad but the ride will depend on the swell which, in turn, will depend on the wind. Sails up or down on these very large catamarans don't make a lot of difference, and because of their size they will be relatively stable. You can usually check the weather forecast a few days in advance and book if it's good with little wind.

https://pjk.smugmug.com/Key-West-July-20-July-28-2019/i-PqBHpR2/A

Pjk  

Edited by peter_krynicki