Windstar price guarantee (?)

avalong

Well, I looked at my February Wind Surf cruise today, and the price remains constant BUT they are now offering $1000 onboard credit for those booking now. What a sneaky way to get around their price guarantee. Honestly....

Just call and ask to rebook. You will lose any special items you received with your initial booking, but the rebooking fee of $50 is almost always reimbursed as a shipboard credit. At least that has worked for me.

If the price is the same as what you booked at, then you should try to get the current deal. If your booking is through a TA, then you need to contact your TA to see about getting the special, otherwise you contact Windstar directly. 

Note that $1000 per cabin is for premium suites and probably only applies to cruises 14 days or longer (there is a discrepancy on the Windstar site - the figure on the page advertising the deal also says $1000 for shorter cruises, but the description on the formal terms and conditions page says $400 for shorter cruises - so until they correct that, one could try to argue for the higher amount). Premium suites are: Owners suites, Classic Suites, Wind surf Suites, Bridge suites. 

For other cabins, the OBC is $400 for 14 days or longer and $200 for shorter cruises. 

Our January cruise is currently about $700 pp higher than our fare and our fare included free gratuities, $200 OBC or free wifi from the special they had last January. And we got another ~ $300 pp off the fare from the Yacht Club Alumni discount and Yacht Club Welcome Home Offer. If the fare did drop below what we have now, I don't know if we would keep the Welcome Home discount on the booking. I've had the fare adjusted before and they have always given the Alumni discount. So far, it seems we are unlikely to find out this time as the fare has been holding up and a lot of categories are Call for Availability.

12 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

If the price is the same as what you booked at, then you should try to get the current deal. If your booking is through a TA, then you need to contact your TA to see about getting the special, otherwise you contact Windstar directly. 

Note that $1000 per cabin is for premium suites and probably only applies to cruises 14 days or longer (there is a discrepancy on the Windstar site - the figure on the page advertising the deal also says $1000 for shorter cruises, but the description on the formal terms and conditions page says $400 for shorter cruises - so until they correct that, one could try to argue for the higher amount). Premium suites are: Owners suites, Classic Suites, Wind surf Suites, Bridge suites. 

For other cabins, the OBC is $400 for 14 days or longer and $200 for shorter cruises. 

Our January cruise is currently about $700 pp higher than our fare and our fare included free gratuities, $200 OBC or free wifi from the special they had last January. And we got another ~ $300 pp off the fare from the Yacht Club Alumni discount and Yacht Club Welcome Home Offer. If the fare did drop below what we have now, I don't know if we would keep the Welcome Home discount on the booking. I've had the fare adjusted before and they have always given the Alumni discount. So far, it seems we are unlikely to find out this time as the fare has been holding up and a lot of categories are Call for Availability.

Ive tried to get the better incentive. No dice. I was told “incentives are tied to promotions and have time limitations, the incentives you received were what was on offer when you booked and you accepted them”. And yes, that $1,000 will be for about 4 cabins.  I’d guess that for most it would be maybe $200. I’ve been down that road as well. 

It says it is for tropical voyages in 2019, 2020 and 2021 which covers all the dates currently posted. Tropical includes: Asia, Australia & New Zealand, Caribbean, Costa Rica & Panama Canal, Mexico, South Pacific and Tahiti.

1 hour ago, new_cruiser said:

It says it is for tropical voyages in 2019, 2020 and 2021 which covers all the dates currently posted. Tropical includes: Asia, Australia & New Zealand, Caribbean, Costa Rica & Panama Canal, Mexico, South Pacific and Tahiti.

Are the 2021 itins even out yet?

9 minutes ago, milepig said:

Are the 2021 itins even out yet?

Some are. Searching for 2020 cruises results in 347 itins (not unique ones since some would be Star Collectors or cruise plus land alternatives).  There are currently 174 itins for 2021 so roughly half the schedule is set.  Wind Star and Wind Spirit have all or most of the year up. The others have nothing past April 2021.