Cococay just relaxing

amzgirl

My idea of a perfect day at Cococay is relaxing on a lounger with occasional dips in the water to cool off.  I used to use the "get off the tender, turn right and keep going down to the end" method to find a nice relaxing beach there, now with all the new construction I don't know what to do.  I want a lounger, under a tree would be even better, with low stress, low activity, but easy access to the bar with my drink package.  Where to go?  Help!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Chill Island. They have three sections. First is the snorkel area, next two are "coves" for swimming. Lots of loungers with Umbrellas with quite a few in the trees. Bar is nearby! 

• Like 3

On 8/8/2019 at 1:48 PM, grest said:

I've never been there....Is Chill Island walkable from the ship?

Thanks.

Walk down the pier, make a left over the bridge and you’re at the start of Chill Island. They have shuttles that run up & down the pier if needed. 

CFE7DBD7-4D90-4E61-8022-8B62D1600E3B.jpeg

5F641B52-C076-4DBE-B25D-402EA1D0ABB8.jpeg

97852A39-1FA2-4000-86DF-F43CBF9ED9A1.jpeg

• Like 3

My view this morning at CoCoCay. South Beach being closed has not affected Chill Island at all. Everything is the same. The bar in the water has moved closer, but still put back in lieu of near Chill Island. 

11AA9D4C-7D7B-4D93-B388-165EC82754EF.jpeg

Edited by TYMAN

On 8/28/2019 at 1:09 PM, GloriaF said:

There seems to be a charge for everything at Coco Cay from what I've seen so far...is There a charge for a lounger at Chill Island?  Our cruise is in November.

No charge for loungers. They have a ton of them, about half with umbrellas. No charge for either. Although I normally get a cocoloco or two, I actually didn't spend a dime on the island this time and still had a great day! 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 2:09 PM, GloriaF said:

There seems to be a charge for everything at Coco Cay from what I've seen so far...is There a charge for a lounger at Chill Island?  Our cruise is in November.

There's no charge for the drinks with meals. 

There's no charge for meals, both the buffet AND the Snack Shack.

There's no charge for the huge pool, or the loungers around the pool, or the umbrellas over the loungers around the pool. 

There's no charge for the beaches, or the loungers on the beaches, or the umbrellas over the loungers on the beaches. 

There's no charge for the kiddie splash pad or the kiddie slide area outside the waterpark.  
There's no charge for the tram that goes down the pier from ship to land.

There's no charge for the tram that goes around the island.

Yep, sure seems like there's a charge for EVERYTHING at Coco Cay..... :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, brillohead said:

There's no charge for the drinks with meals. 

There's no charge for meals, both the buffet AND the Snack Shack.

There's no charge for the huge pool, or the loungers around the pool, or the umbrellas over the loungers around the pool. 

There's no charge for the beaches, or the loungers on the beaches, or the umbrellas over the loungers on the beaches. 

There's no charge for the kiddie splash pad or the kiddie slide area outside the waterpark.  
There's no charge for the tram that goes down the pier from ship to land.

There's no charge for the tram that goes around the island.

Yep, sure seems like there's a charge for EVERYTHING at Coco Cay..... :classic_rolleyes:

Although I do appreciate your extensive list, there is really nothing on that list that surprised me. In fact, it would be absurd if there was a charge for any of the items listed. So basically, I can expect the same amenities as onboard, but on the beach.

I do understand the viewpoint that Coco Cay will be a huge money sucker for most cruising families if they intend to live up to the hype of having a "Perfect Day" at Coco Cay. 

Let's see what Dorian has in store for the island.

Edited by sippican

5 hours ago, sippican said:

Although I do appreciate your extensive list, there is really nothing on that list that surprised me. In fact, it would be absurd if there was a charge for any of the items listed. So basically, I can expect the same amenities as onboard, but on the beach.

I do understand the viewpoint that Coco Cay will be a huge money sucker for most cruising families if they intend to live up to the hype of having a "Perfect Day" at Coco Cay. 

Agreed.  I would expect no less.  

Let's hope Dorian is kind to us all!  I'm close to Jacksonville.

On 8/31/2019 at 9:27 AM, sippican said:

I don't recall which line it is (maybe Princess?), but I know that there's one line that doesn't honor its drink packages on their private island. 

And prior to the Perfect Day makeover, there was a charge for an umbrella for your lounger.

There are more food options now that are free than there were prior to the makeover.

The only big "money suck" is the waterpark, but it's entirely possible to have a perfect day without stepping foot in the waterpark -- especially now with the huge pool with swim-up bar, too.  And I daresay that if you do buy a pass into the waterpark, it will detract from your day rather than add to it, because of having to wait in lines for the slides.

You can have a GREAT time without spending a single dime... a Perfect Day at Coco Cay is very achievable on a budget.  

• 2 weeks later...

I want to add, from what I've seen the only food item that is at a charge is the Wings and Fries at Captain Jack's.  Otherwise, all the other food is included.  The only part of Thrill Waterpark that I would see using myself would have been the wave pool, but the Oasis Lagoon Pool looks really nice and is included.  We did get an Oasis Lagoon Cabana, but it's so we have a place for our group to meet during our cruise and basically a "home base" during our visit.  If we didn't have 8 people, I thing we most likely wouldn't have bothered.  

Alan