What to do with luggage when debarking At San Pedro?

stitchcreek

Our flight leaves mid-afternoon and it doesn’t appear there are any debarkation excursions offered by Princess.

Are there any luggage storage / transfer to the airport options available at the port to free us up from our bags for the day?

Been discussed on a few other threads-- we usually just pick a place we want to go and find a nice hotel in that area and check the bags there. If you go in for a cup of coffee or a meal they are happy to check your bags for the day. 

There was someone yesterday who is in a similar situation-- we had suggested they take an Uber up to Santa Monica and get a late breakfast at Shutters on the Beach, The Fairmont Hotel, or the Loews Hotel. Check your bags with the bell stand, have a bite to eat, and use the rest of the day to walk around town. 

On 7/26/2019 at 6:48 PM, princeton123211 said:

Been discussed on a few other threads-- we usually just pick a place we want to go and find a nice hotel in that area and check the bags there. If you go in for a cup of coffee or a meal they are happy to check your bags for the day. 

There was someone yesterday who is in a similar situation-- we had suggested they take an Uber up to Santa Monica and get a late breakfast at Shutters on the Beach, The Fairmont Hotel, or the Loews Hotel. Check your bags with the bell stand, have a bite to eat, and use the rest of the day to walk around town. 

Thanks for the suggestion - do you know if there’s a delivery service to the airport as an alternative?

5 hours ago, stitchcreek said:

Thanks for the suggestion - do you know if there’s a delivery service to the airport as an alternative?

I don't think theres a specific delivery service for this, but its nothing that a courier service or a car service couldn't handle. I would imagine it would be quite the fee though. 

On 8/2/2019 at 10:45 PM, stitchcreek said:

You can find anything you want if you are willing to pay for it.

No, there is no company that will pick up your bags from the cruise port and deliver to LAX as a business model.

But hey, for $200 I'll pick up your bags and meet you at LAX later in the day (kidding.... but that is about the only way it would work). The other choice is to rent a car for the day and drop at LAX.

• 1 month later...

If you want to ship it all the way home, you can look at Luggage Forward, who bought Luggage Express. Luggage Express used to pick up at the cruise terminal and deliver it later to you at LAX. Luggage Forward doesn't do that, that I know of, but they will ship it all the way to your home.

On 9/12/2019 at 3:24 AM, cloverose said:

We have booked Sunseeker Tours for an LA tour from the port that will take your luggage, provide a tour of LA nightlights, and take you to LAX or back to a port area hotel if you are staying there. I found them online. 

This sounds promising, I’ll take a look, thanks.

We’re from the UK, so I’m pretty sure the price would be extortionate, but thank you for that suggestion too!

12 hours ago, stitchcreek said:

Had a look, but unfortunately they only offer one tour, which would be too long for us based on our flight time...

I am sorry this did not work for you. We have not done it yet but will on Oct. 11. Best of luck in your search!

• Like 1

Was on the Royal Princess last week.  There was TWO debarkation excursions.  One is a beach tour with your luggage and the second was Universal Studios with your luggage.

Sadly the ship arrived 7 hours late and all the post-cruise excursion tours and transfers were cancelled with money refunded.  Had to fight for a cab to the airport. 

1 hour ago, xlxo said:

Was on the Royal Princess last week.  There was TWO debarkation excursions.  One is a beach tour with your luggage and the second was Universal Studios with your luggage.

Sadly the ship arrived 7 hours late and all the post-cruise excursion tours and transfers were cancelled with money refunded.  Had to fight for a cab to the airport. 

These have now appeared on the excursions for our cruise where before there were none, will take a look, thanks!

Sorry it didn’t go as planned for you though.