I would love it also if there were more cruises out of the LA port. We are Elite Plus and could afford to cruise more frequently and upgrade our cabin without the huge air fare costs to consider. 

Parent company Royal Caribbean pulled ships out after the downturn in the economy years ago, along with health issues in Mexico at the time.  They say they will be back, but we are not holding our breath.  ALL the other major lines have either newer ships going out of Los Angeles or a brand new one from Carnival out of Long Beach.

October of this year there is a 15 day r/t to Hawaii on Eclipse, but it is really booked.  Royal says they can't make enough $$$ from So Cal, so they dont care about us.

Agree with the above. We’re actually stepping away from X and our next cruise is on NCL’s Bliss. We are trying their Haven class. Why? No X ships here on the west coast compared to the competition. Carnival, Princess, HAL, Disney and NCL has placed more focus in this market. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

We are always adjusting our itineraries to include popular cruise ports. As we review options in the coming months we hope to offer more cruises out of California. Please make sure you are on our mailing list to be first to hear when we do.
Thank you and have a great rest of your day!
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 10:47 AM, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said:

Hello!

We are always adjusting our itineraries to include popular cruise ports. As we review options in the coming months we hope to offer more cruises out of California. Please make sure you are on our mailing list to be first to hear when we do.
Thank you and have a great rest of your day!

Thank you for the response. I do hope one day to see more cruises out of Los Angeles. Based on the competition from other cruise lines in this area, I think it would be good on Celebrity's part to begin offering more consistent cruising on the west coast. Not certain if this is because Celebrity doesn't have as large a fleet as other cruise lines, which could be. However, with the newer ships set to enter cruising service in the next several years, I think there's a good opportunity to provide service out of Los Angeles.

• Like 1