Champagne Reef

jbmom2120

1 hour ago, MartinsCruise said:

I would also like to find out how easy it is to get transportation there.  Every time we've gone it was included in an excursion but this time we just want to go to snorkel.

We have taken a taxi/van in the past.  It was very inexpensive and we told the driver what time we would like him to come back and pick us up.  

I have put in a couple of emails to the Ministry of Tourism as well as to another tourism email for Dominica.  I am hopeful to hear back from them very soon.

I'll come back here & post, when I hear something.  

Have a great cruise.

Thank you for then information.  The last time we were there, we went by boat which was much easier than going in from the shore.  It was a ship's excursion but they don't offer it for our upcoming sailing.  If I could find a tour operator who does this, we would book through them.

1 minute ago, MartinsCruise said:

Thank you for then information.  The last time we were there, we went by boat which was much easier than going in from the shore.  It was a ship's excursion but they don't offer it for our upcoming sailing.  If I could find a tour operator who does this, we would book through them.

I saw a dive shop listed online, they might have a snorkeling excursion that you could participate in. It’s called champagne reef dive and snorkel, champagnereef.com

We booked Bumpiing Tours. Levi, who is the owner was great.  We went snorkeling on Champagne Reef, to a waterfall that you jump or walk/ swim in the water to reach, and sightseeing.  It was great.  This was a private tour.  There were 6 of us in a nice van.  I think he also books tours for individuals till we has a full van.  He is a very nice person.  His wife is the person who returns emails.

We had no problem getting into water for Champagne Reef, except it is rocky in the beginning.  Several of us had water shoes that we wore out to waist deep water, then put on flippers and threw our water shoes back to shore.  One of Levi "helpers"  got them and watched them till we got back.  

3 minutes ago, janert said:

We booked Bumpiing Tours. Levi, who is the owner was great.  We went snorkeling on Champagne Reef, to a waterfall that you jump or walk/ swim in the water to reach, and sightseeing.  It was great.  This was a private tour.  There were 6 of us in a nice van.  I think he also books tours for individuals till we has a full van.  He is a very nice person.  His wife is the person who returns emails.

We had no problem getting into water for Champagne Reef, except it is rocky in the beginning.  Several of us had water shoes that we wore out to waist deep water, then put on flippers and threw our water shoes back to shore.  One of Levi "helpers"  got them and watched them till we got back.  

Thank you! How long ago did you go?