Panama Canal cruises in 2021

Howdy! I am wanting to do a Royal cruise that goes thru the Panama Canal...there are a few cruises that are available now for 2019/2020.... but nothing yet for 2021...does anyone have an idea when ALL of the 2021 cruises will open up for booking? Want to get in on one early to get the best price..... 

TIA y'all! 

I booked an 11 day panama cruise on the Rhapsody leaving on February 2, 2021.  Goes to Key West,  Columbia, Panana, Costa Rica, Cozumel with a total of 4 sea days.  I booked it on March 13, 2019.  The price has gone up quite a bit since then.

2 minutes ago, patty29 said:

I booked an 11 day panama cruise on the Rhapsody leaving on February 2, 2021.  Goes to Key West,  Columbia, Panana, Costa Rica, Cozumel with a total of 4 sea days.  I booked it on March 13, 2019.  The price has gone up quite a bit since then.

Think they meant Full passage Panama Canal like Vision and Serenade are doing in 2019 and 2020

40 minutes ago, patty29 said:

The cruise I was talking about does the panama canal cruising then stops in Colon, Panama.  It leaves from Tampa.  Very convenient for an East Coaster!

Your cruise goes only to Gatun Lake and back.

NCL has several Panama Canal cruises for 2021 listed already. We sailed the full 15 day on their new Bliss with our two young daughters this past April and have another booked on the Joy for Feb 2021. NCL prices are way better than what I price out on Royal. They have very few Panama Canal sailings. 

• Like 1

We did a 16 day cruise on Jewel in Feb/March through the Panama Canal from Miami to San Diego.  Absolutely on my list of favorite cruises ever.  Keep checking and book as soon as you are able since it does sell quickly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

We did a 16 day cruise on Jewel in Feb/March through the Panama Canal from Miami to San Diego.  Absolutely on my list of favorite cruises ever.  Keep checking and book as soon as you are able since it does sell quickly.

That's awesome you had such a good time! Good to hear!

Yes, I want to book as soon as the sailings are available.... hence my question.... 🙂 Just don't want to be looking EVERYDAY.... LOL 

THANKS! 

51 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

NCL has several Panama Canal cruises for 2021 listed already. We sailed the full 15 day on their new Bliss with our two young daughters this past April and have another booked on the Joy for Feb 2021. NCL prices are way better than what I price out on Royal. They have very few Panama Canal sailings. 

Thanks, but no thanks. I am Loyal to Royal (too many perks to give up at this level) … have no desire to go on any other cruise lines… 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, patty29 said:

The cruise I was talking about does the panama canal cruising then stops in Colon, Panama.  It leaves from Tampa.  Very convenient for an East Coaster!

I don't think your sailing actually goes THRU the Panama Canal (from one side of it to the other)...if it did you'd end in your cruise California... not back in Florida. It appears your sailing goes to thru to Gatun Locks, not all the way thru to Panama City, which is in the Pacific Ocean. You cruise sounds great....but not what I am wanting. 

I am going to Colon, Panama myself next Mar on an 11 nite sailing from Ft Lauderdale....you have to take a bus about an hour away to do an excursion on a ferry thru some parts of the Canal... but the ship itself doesn't go THRU the canal. 

Edited by SRV FAN

3 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

Thanks, but no thanks. I am Loyal to Royal (too many perks to give up at this level) … have no desire to go on any other cruise lines… 

That's too bad that you think this way even if it could save you thousands. Royal has you where they want you. Priority This,  and priority that which have no real cash value would not keep me loyal to anyone no matter what level I was ..... Good luck with your search ......

3 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

That's too bad that you think this way even if it could save you thousands. Royal has you where they want you. Priority This,  and priority that which have no real cash value would not keep me loyal to anyone no matter what level I was ..... Good luck with your search ......

To each, their own. I am perfectly happy with my choices, no need to feel bad for me. 🙂

• Like 3

That cruise went up the day it came out. 😱

• Like 1

Thought OP said thru the canal.  Would love to cruise thru canal.

45 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

Celebrity used to sail thru the canal.  I haven't looked recently.  You would still get perks.

• Like 2

Just now, John&LaLa said:

It does go thru, just not all the way. 😉

When I visited Panama City we took tour from PC to Colon on a boat, not ship, and took train back to PC.  Was there with Celebrity again a few years ago.  I want to go thru to the Pacific.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

When I visited Panama City we took tour from PC to Colon on a boat, not ship, and took train back to PC.  Was there with Celebrity again a few years ago.  I want to go thru to the Pacific.

Meeee too! 

My dad was a Merchant Marine during WWII... he talked about sailing thru the Panama Canal all the time. He was in awe of it. That is why I want to sail all the way thru it! I know it is different now than when he sailed thru it, but I’d just like to say I did it too. ❤️

He also told me that Fiji & Tahiti were the most beautiful places on Earth.... guess I need to go there next! 😁 

Edited by SRV FAN

I had lived in panama in the early 80's. I regularly went to the gatun locks and watched the ships go thru. Even saw the QE2 go thru. 

So i always wanted to go back. A partial transit in a js was astronomical. So i had to settle on a visit to colon march 2021 on vision. Good luck on your cruise. 

We could not find a Royal cruise that went totally through the Panama Canal, so we booked  Celebrity Summit for November 13, 2020.  It goes from San Diego to Miami.  With our status of Diamond we automatically became Elite on Celebrity with whatever perks that provides.