La Dame on Silver Moon?

Observer

I see no evidence from deck plans, etc., that La Dame will feature on Moon.  In fact, I recall some comment onboard that Atlantide on Moon would be expanded into space currently occupied by La Dame.  I, for one, would not greatly miss La Dame (Atlantide food is so good and there is no upcharge) and would greatly welcome expansion of Atlantide.  Does anyone have information on this matter?

BTW: I doubt that Silversea will restore The Restaurant on Moon.  But service -- and demands on the galley -- might be enhanced if they reduced somewhat the generous number of offerings on the menu -- and then changed that menu to one quite different midcruise to provide variety.

Not sure what La Dame is going to be. i think they still haven't decided if the contract will be renewed or something new.

The space that was Indochine is intended for SALT..... Though it's weird they haven't updated the deck plans as this was proposed about 3 months ago.

This was the state of play when i met Frank Sansone for lunch a month ago and i asked as ive 27 days booked on the Moon.

I'm gutted Indonchine has gone and i do think this sort of detail influences bookings, so I'd fully expect and hope whatever is decided is sorted soon and deck plans updated.

2 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

Agreed about Indochine but I guess that the number of guests prepared to be more adventurous and cosmopolitan in their tastes didn't reach a sustainable level. 

How about it’s not that I’m not ‘adventurous and cosmopolitan ‘, I just didn’t like the food in Indochine. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

How about it’s not that I’m not ‘adventurous and cosmopolitan ‘, I just didn’t like the food in Indochine. 

Ooh I've just read out loud what I wrote and it does sound a bit patronising and insulting. Apologies for that. 

You clearly aren't alone in not liking the food in Indochine but for those of us that like Asian food it's a sad loss. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, les37b said:

Not sure what La Dame is going to be. i think they still haven't decided if the contract will be renewed or something new.

What contract would that be?  I recall that some time ago the predecessor of La Dame (upcharged, intimate fine dining venue) was said to be associated with Relais & Chateaux.  But I have not seen evocations of R&C for some time now and I understood that Silversea had forged ahead without this association/endorsement.

Edited by Observer

3 hours ago, Observer said:

What contract would that be?  I recall that some time ago the predecessor of La Dame (upcharged, intimate fine dining venue) was said to be associated with Relais & Chateaux.  But I have not seen evocations of R&C for some time now and I understood that Silversea had forged ahead without this association/endorsement.

I genuinely don't know and I can only think the lack of restaurant names in the places where La Dame is on the Muse, is an indication SS also don't know.  The conversation I had certainly suggested it might still be La Dame, but might not be and alternatives on the menu. (Parden the pun). That said, SALT has been officially announced and yet still isn't shown on the Deck Plans, so maybe there is an about turn on this too?

9 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

You clearly aren't alone in not liking the food in Indochine but for those of us that like Asian food it's a sad loss. 

SS have listened to the complaints about Indochine and I guess its downfall is down to its size and usage. I don't like Japanese food (and know I'd not be alone there), but the impact of "don't like can we have something else" would be ignored because its popular for its size and sells out. I expect Indochine never has.

Maybe we can suggest SALT & Indochine in the same venue or a 50/50 split? 

I know there are plenty who are not keen on Indochine, but others who thought of it as the best choice on the ship. I could eat there every evening without any hesitation. It's a big downer for me on the Moon.

SALT is definitely going to launch on the Moon.  Too much has already been invested in this intriguing new concept.

In regards to Indochine, we’ll placed sources have indicated many dishes will be integrated within other menus.  Therefore, you should be able to find some of your favorites on a nightly basis.

As far as La Dame, it’s hard to say.  Could a move be a foot to convert back to the glory days of a rotating menu from the gourmand destinations of the world?  Or, perhaps, if it stays solely French, a co-branding with a world famous chef such as Guy Savoy, Alain Ducasse, or Daniel Boulud?  Considering how our favorite SS Executive Chef is Anne-Mari Cornelius, if SS were to head in a co-brand direction, I’d love to see them partner with the best French female chef in the world, Anne-Sophie Pic.

34 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

SALT is definitely going to launch on the Moon.  Too much has already been invested in this intriguing new concept.

Oh I agree, it will happen..... I was merely counter proposing "my" more popular compromise! 🤣

Strange its not on the deck plan yet or mentioned as a restaurant venue still.

Edited by les37b
  • Like 1

Well, it appears that we have the answer.

https://www.silversea.com/other-resources/press-releases/2019/July/new-collaboration-with-lalique-to-bring-unprecedented-elegance-to-ships.html

La Dame on Moon will be greatly expanded in size and will be located on Deck 8 (perhaps in current Silver Note space on Spirit).  Current Deck Plans show Moon  Silver Note on Deck 7 (perhaps using some of the vast La Terrazza space).

There are renderings at:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i16xpk1544z7whw/AAAsa-1WZBJ0i-CQ6LyoEyuCa?dl=0

This would appear to leave the space currently occupied by La Dame on Muse/Spirit to be freed up on Moon for expanded Atlantide.

Sounds good to me.

15 minutes ago, Observer said:

Well, it appears that we have the answer.

https://www.silversea.com/other-resources/press-releases/2019/July/new-collaboration-with-lalique-to-bring-unprecedented-elegance-to-ships.html

La Dame on Moon will be greatly expanded in size and will be located on Deck 8 (perhaps in current Silver Note space on Spirit).  Current Deck Plans show Moon  Silver Note on Deck 7 (perhaps using some of the vast La Terrazza space).

There are renderings at:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i16xpk1544z7whw/AAAsa-1WZBJ0i-CQ6LyoEyuCa?dl=0

This would appear to leave the space currently occupied by La Dame on Muse/Spirit to be freed up on Moon for expanded Atlantide.

Sounds good to me.

There was a rumour that La Dame would also have some outside seating, but I see no mention of that. Thanks for picking up the press release and posting the link.

1 minute ago, Silver Spectre said:

There was a rumour that La Dame would also have some outside seating, but I see no mention of that. Thanks for picking up the press release and posting the link.

This should be do-able.  Currently on Spirit and Muse guests can sit on this stern deck. It's much used on Spirit, for example, by guests frequenting Arts Cafe.  I see no reason why, at dinnertime, a portion could not be roped off and La Dame tables set.    

39 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

Mr. Silver,

By the looks of this picture, it sure looks like outdoor seating to me!

La Dame - Silver Moon 2.jpg

• Like 1

I expect Atlantide expansion will be what happens....... but would prefer it to be a mini Indochine! (Hey you can't blame me for trying!) lol

image.png.97d38572c30fd13f627fd980b364aff6.png

I assume this is where La Dame will be located..... and its modelled on how it is on the Spirit with Arts Cafe on the opposite side to what it is on the Muse and The Silver Note space on the Spirit taken by La Dame. 

image.png.7f2bf184f2d55b46ac8f8c7fe467083e.png

Dont think outside seating would work Observer - but as Stumblefoot just posted, that picture does indeed look like external seeting.  Take a look at the appearance from walking out of the Arts Cafe on the Muse I didnt think there is enough space unless they reduce the inside area in this area. I was going to show the same location from the video I did of the Spirit .... but it seems to have vanished. I'm re-uploading now. 

Edited by les37b

6 minutes ago, les37b said:

Dont think outside seating would work Observer - but as Stumblefoot just posted, that picture does indeed look like external seeting.  Take a look at the appearance from walking out of the Arts Cafe on the Muse I didnt think there is enough space unless they reduce the inside area in this area. I was going to show the same location from the video I did of the Spirit .... but it seems to have vanished. I'm re-uploading now. 

I would anticipate very few tables outdoors.  The space constraints are likely to be real.  Moreover, I would imagine that they would not count on using those tables any night.  People dining in La Dame do not want to be covered in blankets or interrupting their meal because of thunderstorm.  So (according to my thinking) they would decide mid-afternoon whether there would be outdoor seating that evening.  If there was, La Dame would be able to accommodate some additional guests (as people who would otherwise be indoors would move outdoors), and a handful of people on the waitlist would be invited to dine in La Dame.

33 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

There was also a rumour that the Connoisseurs Corner will be relocated down to the back of deck 4.

Is this room much used?  When I pass it during the day and glance in, it always appears to be empty.  Perhaps it is used much more after dinner by guests having a cigar and libation.

24 minutes ago, les37b said:

Found my Spirit video (after I re-uploaded you-tube told me so and I then managed to locate it! doh!)

I know its a different build - but the tables would certainly work for this version of deck 8.... so who knows!

I had bookmarked this wonderful video and watch parts of it frequently to remind me of happy days on Spirit.  I think I have watched part within the past week or so.  Today I get this message:

Video unavailable

This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

BTW: I am in USA.

Edited by Observer

18 minutes ago, Observer said:

I had bookmarked this wonderful video and watch parts of it frequently to remind me of happy days on Spirit.  I think I have watched part within the past week or so.  Today I get this message:

Video unavailable

This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Interesting and why I couldn't find it. One of the tracks has caused the problem....... I will attempt to get it back! Many thanks

Looking at analytics, it seems it happened on 28 July....... It'll be back soon hopefully

EDIT..... The song in question is Cold Play - Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall (Live in Buenos Aires)...... I have disputed the claim under fair use.... and they are often returned..... watch this space

image.png.18828c3b10219dd3f713a451c1c7537e.png

Edited by les37b
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Observer said:

Is this room much used?  When I pass it during the day and glance in, it always appears to be empty.  Perhaps it is used much more after dinner by guests having a cigar and libation.

It is by my DW if it’s cold outside and then as you say by the after dinner cigar smokers, and of course the occasional secret senior staff smoker. On our most recent Muse voyage it was occupied all day long by a coterie of 4 other addicts.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, les37b said:

I expect Atlantide expansion will be what happens.

Dont think outside seating would work Observer - but as Stumblefoot just posted, that picture does indeed look like external seeting.

Totally agree on the Atlantide expansion.  They know they need the space, especially on formal nights.

In terms of outdoor seating for La Dame, the giveaway for me was the flooring.