Possible method to keep items safe while at the beach

jlynchtx

Our family plans on doing some swimming snorkeling at three different ports while on our Caribbean cruise later this year. I have been trying to figure out how to protect our cash, credit card, S&S cards, and possibly even my phone while we are all in the water. I’m worried if we just leave it all in our backpacks unattended, it may get taken. We may go to a site or two that doesn’t have facilities or lockers for rent. 

1. Has anybody ever tried to swim or snorkel with a waterproof belt bag such s this one?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8G5Z7F/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A307XX0IS50NV4&psc=1

2. What are other ways I could keep these items safe if there are no lockers available?

Edited by jlynchtx

We’ve only used dry sleeves when snorkeling.  We each wear either around our neck or my husband attaches his inside the pocket of his swim suit.  They have never leaked.  When our son and dil came with us last time our son had purchased an underwater case for his iPhone and it worked great.

The photos are similar to what I wore around my neck.  I don’t have a photo of our sons case he purchased on line for his phone.  

0B84EA84-0E17-4063-AA6A-9F3F7E9DAEE4.jpeg

8F1DB377-72C8-4EB2-94E2-69D7506BF0E7.jpeg

Edited by canadianbear

We typically use a waterproof pouch that we take with us into the water. 

I remember seeing a lockable beach safe that screws into the sand to hold valuables. You then cover it up with a bit of sand to hide it and put your towel over it. Don't remember the name however.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DH and I used the waterproof belt and I didn't care for it, DH didn't mind it.  It didn't go small enough for me and I was constantly messing with it.  I'm a size 4.  DH isn't "big", he's 32" waist but it fit him fine.  I guess it was fine for the amount of time we used it, we used at one beach for an hour.  But for extended periods mine would be too much of a pain. 

I like the neck pouch idea CanadianBear recommended; as both DH & I use rash guards so it'd stay nice in our shirts. 

• 3 months later...

We use the safego, which you can find at Amazon just search vacation vault.  Mine has lasted over 15 years and still going strong.  It will fit wallet phones etc.  It will not fit a bridge camera or larger.  You lock it to a chair.