Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mudhen

Star Breeze adventure coming up!

In another week or so, we're off to do the Star Breeze around Iceland. Very excited about it! My only experience on Windstar was years ago on the WindSurf We've never been on the little yachts. 

Since we know nothing of the ship or Iceland other than a few snippets from CC, if anyone can tell us a little about the ship, what to expect, anything special not to miss, we'd appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,

Linda

Welcome to the WS forum. 

First the yachts aren’t “little” in compassion to the rest of the fleet. 

They each hold 212 pax before the expansion. 

The Surf is  larger at 310, but the Star and Spirit are just 148. So the triplets are sort of in the middle. 

You’ll get the full WS experience without the sails, but by comparison the cabins are HUGE. Same great crew, same service, same food. More or less the same public areas but in a different configuration. Iceland will be chilly so not as much deck time and all/most meals will be in Amphora. Same great guests, interesting people who love to travel. Embarkation and disembarkation are a dream right smack in the middle of town and walking distance from lost central hotels. 

If if you pop over to the roll calls there are lots of threads about the Iceland itins. 

I was on Star Breeze in April and May..b2b cruises 18 fabulous days. Including waiting out a storm and skipping 2 ports. We had fun.  The Star ships are beautiful yachts. Cabins are all suites. Cabins are huge compared to Windsurf. Bathrooms have beautiful marble fittings and double sinks. We love that there are only 210 guests.  Will add 100 more after expansion. Hope it keeps the same atmosphere.. It has a really nice feel of making everyone feel special. I like Windsurf. Ship is gorgeous. Love it when they hoist the sails and let the wind take us away.  However Windsurf has small cabins and bathrooms are very cozy. 

Like all Windstar ships, the crew is friendly and eager to please. Food is excellent.  Service is top notch.  I always have a great time on any Windstar ship. Looking forward to my next sailing on Star Legend winter 2020. 

9 hours ago, Redtravel said:

I was on Star Breeze in April and May..b2b cruises 18 fabulous days. Including waiting out a storm and skipping 2 ports. We had fun.  The Star ships are beautiful yachts. Cabins are all suites. Cabins are huge compared to Windsurf. Bathrooms have beautiful marble fittings and double sinks. We love that there are only 210 guests.  Will add 100 more after expansion. Hope it keeps the same atmosphere.. It has a really nice feel of making everyone feel special. I like Windsurf. Ship is gorgeous. Love it when they hoist the sails and let the wind take us away.  However Windsurf has small cabins and bathrooms are very cozy. 

Like all Windstar ships, the crew is friendly and eager to please. Food is excellent.  Service is top notch.  I always have a great time on any Windstar ship. Looking forward to my next sailing on Star Legend winter 2020. 

Thank you for the upbeat comments. I just read a absolutely scathing review of the SB in the review section.  I've been around

long enough to know to take reviews down the middle and not to let one terrible one spoil the fun!

As my step dad used to say "some people are not having fun, unless they're not having fun". He was right.

6 hours ago, Mudhen said:

Thank you for the upbeat comments. I just read a absolutely scathing review of the SB in the review section.  I've been around

long enough to know to take reviews down the middle and not to let one terrible one spoil the fun!

As my step dad used to say "some people are not having fun, unless they're not having fun". He was right.

If I'm thinking of the right review, there was one by someone who just was out to hate everything and that included pictures where you couldn't even see what they were complaining about. Always a bad apple, we have no complaints about any of the triplets. Some of the very early reviews reflected the large amount of work that needed to be done to bring them to WS standard, what that was years ago now. Same great crew and chow, some clientele. Great experience.

Sounding wonderful! We're not fussy travelers at all....If the beds are comfy, the toilet flushes and the food is good, I'm a happy camper!