Seabourn's new "Sale" not really what it seems...

MsMermaid

Had been following some itineraries and noticed Seabourn was now offering a $500 room credit, internet minutes etc as if it were additional savings.  However, the port taxes and fees went up about $600.... It seems deceptive as I doubt there was an actual change of that magnitude in those fees in a week's time.

54 minutes ago, MsMermaid said:

Had been following some itineraries and noticed Seabourn was now offering a $500 room credit, internet minutes etc as if it were additional savings.  However, the port taxes and fees went up about $600.... It seems deceptive as I doubt there was an actual change of that magnitude in those fees in a week's time.

Also been looking at a cruise recently as I was going to book for the sale

After reading your comments I just checked today and the price is still the same

Maybe they look after us Kiwis better than you 😀

My experience is very different from yours.  Early this month I took advantage of Seabourn's offer expiring July 31 for a cruise in 2020 that I had already booked.  I got the reduced price, the onboard credit and the free internet and my port taxes stayed the same.  Then I got a new email from Seabourn telling me that the sale has been extended until August 15.  Thinking that I taken advantage of that sale already I was going to dump the email but figured I'd check just one more time for 'yucks'.  Guess what?  The price has been reduced on my suite level another $400 per person!  Not bad!!  And the port taxes were still the same!  So I am going after that deal now with my TA.

I advise everyone to keep your eye on the deals that Seabourn offers...I have had good luck with them.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, hamasgirl said:

My experience is very different from yours.  Early this month I took advantage of Seabourn's offer expiring July 31 for a cruise in 2020 that I had already booked.  I got the reduced price, the onboard credit and the free internet and my port taxes stayed the same.  Then I got a new email from Seabourn telling me that the sale has been extended until August 15.  Thinking that I taken advantage of that sale already I was going to dump the email but figured I'd check just one more time for 'yucks'.  Guess what?  The price has been reduced on my suite level another $400 per person!  Not bad!!  And the port taxes were still the same!  So I am going after that deal now with my TA.

I advise everyone to keep your eye on the deals that Seabourn offers...I have had good luck with them.

I do need to pay more attention.  For me, the price of a cruise always seems to be a moving target with some attributes I don't truly understand.  For example, we have been bombarded with advertising from SB---and I HAVE checked on a few of the offerings  In some cases the brochure prices are less than the currently stated website prices in spite of the the same sale being advertised online.  

Because if this post I just checked and got a lower rate on an upcoming cruise we already have booked.  Emailed my TA who got me the lower price.  We have the best TA ever.  Also, kudos to SB for working so well with all of our TAs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raphael360 said:

Because if this post I just checked and got a lower rate on an upcoming cruise we already have booked.  Emailed my TA who got me the lower price.  We have the best TA ever.  Also, kudos to SB for working so well with all of our TAs.

Actually your TA should be checking fares and contacting you to let you know they got you the lower price.  Mine does.

1 hour ago, cruisr said:

Actually your TA should be checking fares and contacting you to let you know they got you the lower price.  Mine does.

Ok.  Your TA is better than my TA but mine’s cuter. Now if if we can get the darn airlines to give us the better pricing when prices go down. 

😃

Edited by raphael360
Sic
  • Like 1

Hey, I saw all you folks getting these great deals, going back and renegotiating and all.  I just called and talked with agent Vinny McSheister, and got an upgrade for same price, from Grand Wintergarden Suite to the much coveted Bilge Level Bow Suite - located prestigiously just under the forward anchor chain locker.  No worries of stairs or night clubs on next floor up, and the bedroom extends into the bow bulb, a really special place.  When maneuvering into port, the sound of those bow thrusters will lull us into a deeper sleep.  Gives new meaning to the term "Sleep with the Fishes"!  Did we get a deal or what?!?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Hey, I saw all you folks getting these great deals, going back and renegotiating and all.  I just called and talked with agent Vinny McSheister, and got an upgrade for same price, from Grand Wintergarden Suite to the much coveted Bilge Level Bow Suite - located prestigiously just under the forward anchor chain locker.  No worries of stairs or night clubs on next floor up, and the bedroom extends into the bow bulb, a really special place.  When maneuvering into port, the sound of those bow thrusters will lull us into a deeper sleep.  Gives new meaning to the term "Sleep with the Fishes"!  Did we get a deal or what?!?  

Laughing out loud - falling off chair - orange juice blowing out my noise. 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We got a few brochures touting a big sale as well. One of them mentioned our future cruise credit and offered a 10% discount (instead of 5) on around 10 cruises. One looked intriguing, so I checked it out on their website and it was $500 more. Then, I realized the mailing price already took into account the value of our cruise credit to make the price seem lower. Perhaps the OP got a similar mailing. I thought it was a bit deceptive, but I'm sure it was covered in the fine-print.

I have not been on these boards for some time and thus have not seen this thread.

Just by accident I checked out my booked cruise and noticed the promo.

The price with this promo was SIGNIFICANTLY lower than what I had booked quite some time ago.

My TA got me the new price that was several 4 figures lower than what I had before (with same $1000 OBC but only 300 min internet/pp).

Couldn’t be happier with the savings (not so much with my TA who should have notified me)

I see now they are offering a REALLY good price for the Main Engine Sump Suite, centrally located.  None of this "nosebleed" Deck 14 stuff - we're talking really convenient if you need to go to the medical facility.  And if the ship runs aground - you'll be the first to know.  No extra charge!  

4 hours ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

And if the ship runs aground - you'll be the first to know.  No extra charge!  

This is why I always choose the furthest back seat in aeroplanes. Firstly the black boxes are in the tail and if that's the bit they want most to get back, I want to be in it. Secondly I've never yet seen a plane back into a mountain. 

9 hours ago, rols said:

This is why I always choose the furthest back seat in aeroplanes. Firstly the black boxes are in the tail and if that's the bit they want most to get back, I want to be in it. Secondly I've never yet seen a plane back into a mountain. 

With all the stories we're reading about drunk pilots that may be next!