10:30 pm flight home/Singapore/what to do all day

compozer

4 hours ago, compozer said:

I booked my flight on Delta but we are on Korean Air out of  Singapore.   Hopefully will not have any issues.

HI-  is the exact same flight still available to purchase on the Delta website? If not, it may be one of the "ghost" flights that have not been modified yet. In that case, it would probably be worth a phone call to Delta to confirm

Our exact flight was no longer for sale on the website right after we read about the changes. It looked like our itinerary  was fine when reviewed in our account but the flight was definitely canceled.  

Thanks for explaining it.    I looked at my EZair flights last night for better pricing and it is not showing.    That happens once in a while.  Sometimes 30 flights to pick fro and other times, like last night, only 5.    I am at the airport now waiting for a international flight home but will check again during our 5 hour layover in Atlanta.    Thanks so much for the he's up.

Sandy

• 1 month later...

Have you looked at the cost of cheap downtown hotels?  Not necessarily the sort you would stay in, but plenty good enough for luggage storage then a quick shower. Just make sure they have a bag storage room in case to can't access the room til 2pm. That's what we did in Hong Kong and it worked well. Just another suggestion

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza at the airport in a day room. The 8 hours start from when you check in, to 8pm, so was great for the evening flight, so you could probably do the excursion and get a room for a few hours. Check their website to see if it meets your needs. 

I did look into booking one of the airport hotels. They are all booked for our date.    I was looking at Princess's excursions and now there is one showing for Singapore for people with flights after 8pm.    I need to call because the details do not include pickup or drop off time.   I would think 5pm would be the latest.    I can keep checking the hotels - maybe something might open up.

• 2 months later...

I was going to possibly look into hiring a private tour guide for the day.  My thought was it could maybe include pick up from the ship, drop off at the airport, possibly a lunch stop somewhere, seeing a sight or two, and since it's private, then the vehicle should safely store our luggage.  Otherwise, I will probably also be looking at the luggage locker links above.  Our flight is 7 pm (in March) on AA.  We won't have any lounge access but at least I know the airport will easily kill 2-3 hours 🙂