Rotterdam to Amsterdam

grest

Hello.  Our cruise sadly ends in Rotterdam, and we are interested in spending a few days in Amsterdam before returning to the states.  I am looking for recommendations regarding transportation to Amsterdam.  Thanks in advance.

21 hours ago, grest said:

Hello.  Our cruise sadly ends in Rotterdam, and we are interested in spending a few days in Amsterdam before returning to the states.  I am looking for recommendations regarding transportation to Amsterdam.  Thanks in advance.

Our next 2 cruises sadly start in Amsterdam instead of Rotterdam 😉…..  From the ship to the Central Station: cab or subway/metro. De metro station "Wilhelminaplein" is close to the cruise terminal. And the exit door of the cruise terminal is IMO very close to the ship. 3rd stop of the metro (Line D) is Rotterdam Centraal Station.  https://www.ret.nl/fileadmin/user_upload/Documenten/PDF/Kaarten_en_plattegronden/RET_metrolijnenkaart.pdf       

From Centraal Station Rotterdam to Centraal Station Amsterdam quite a few trains per hour. Takes about 40 minutes.  You can easily plan the whole trip here when you know at which address in Amsterdam you will stay:  https://9292.nl/en  

If the weather is nice and you make up your mind and wish to visit Rotterdam before your check-in in the hotel in Amsterdam: a big locker at the station will cost you € 9,= per 24 hour. 

I wish you a nice stay. 😎

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

Our next 2 cruises sadly start in Amsterdam instead of Rotterdam 😉…..  From the ship to the Central Station: cab or subway/metro. De metro station "Wilhelminaplein" is close to the cruise terminal. And the exit door of the cruise terminal is IMO very close to the ship. 3rd stop of the metro (Line D) is Rotterdam Centraal Station. https://www.ret.nl/fileadmin/user_upload/Documenten/PDF/Kaarten_en_plattegronden/RET_metrolijnenkaart.pdf       

From Centraal Station Rotterdam to Centraal Station Amsterdam quite a few trains per hour. Takes about 40 minutes.  You can easily plan the whole trip here when you know at which address in Amsterdam you will stay: https://9292.nl/en  

If the weather is nice and you make up your mind and wish to visit Rotterdam before your check-in in the hotel in Amsterdam: a big locker at the station will cost you € 9,= per 24 hour. 

I wish you a nice stay. 😎

Thank you, MAVIP.   It looks like there might be a luggage limit for the train.  We'll be traveling for about 3 weeks and might go over the limit.  What might you advise?  I so appreciate your help.

1 hour ago, grest said:

Thank you, MAVIP.   It looks like there might be a luggage limit for the train.  We'll be traveling for about 3 weeks and might go over the limit.  What might you advise?  I so appreciate your help.

I asked my neighbour, because she also travels a lot and always travels by train to Schiphol. Never had any problem in the train (she, daughter and grandchild) with three very large suitcases (sometimes for 3 months). Officially a suitcase should not exceed 85 cm (in any direction) and especially not hinder/trouble other passengers.  In the trains is also a "balcony" for people with prams, bicycles etc.  😃  And if your ship arrives in a weekend the metro and trains will not at all be so crowded as during peak hours on weekdays.  But, it also depends on your capability in handling the luggage, that's for sure. 

BTW: In Amsterdam Centraal Station is a metro station. But also hotels quite nearby.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 1:17 PM, MAVIP said:

I asked my neighbour, because she also travels a lot and always travels by train to Schiphol. Never had any problem in the train (she, daughter and grandchild) with three very large suitcases (sometimes for 3 months). Officially a suitcase should not exceed 85 cm (in any direction) and especially not hinder/trouble other passengers.  In the trains is also a "balcony" for people with prams, bicycles etc.  😃  And if your ship arrives in a weekend the metro and trains will not at all be so crowded as during peak hours on weekdays.  But, it also depends on your capability in handling the luggage, that's for sure. 

BTW: In Amsterdam Centraal Station is a metro station. But also hotels quite nearby.

Would you by any chance have hotel recommendations?