Visa question

nhow

My husband and I are booked on the Saga African Asian cruise in January 2020.  He is British, I am American.  I purchased the cruise.  Saga say they will get all of the required visas for my husband at no extra cost, while they say I need to get my own visas at an additional expense to me.  I was not at all happy about this and was going to cancel when Saga said I would not need any visas on Saga organized shore tours or when on the ship.  They said I would need a visa only if I went ashore on my own in those ports where they were required.  OK, then they sent a list of the shore tours to my husband only (I am the registered lead passenger and am paying for the cruise).  The ship, Marco Polo, is not owned, only leased, by Saga so I am worried that the information they have given me is not true and I don't know how to check it out.  

We have just discovered that Saga misled us about no need for visas on group shore tours.  C and M said I would still need visas for all these countries.  I have canceled and am receiving a full refund.  Thank goodness we found out in time.  I can only imagine what would have happened if we showed up for the cruise and were informed that I would not be able to go ashore in any of the countries requiring visas (they were the ones we were particularly interested in seeing).  Very unimpressed and disappointed with Saga and will never book with them again.  Sticking with Cunard!!