Diamond drink question

On 7/28/2019 at 9:39 PM, Merion_Mom said:

My friend who recently sailed on the Grandeur also said that instead of New Amsterdam vodka (which is HORRIBLE), they were pouring Barton's, which he said is even worse!!!!!!!!!!!!  😮

So pleased we don't drink Vodka.

Disappointed they don't serve Sauvignon Blanc now only Pinot Grigio and Chardonnay when there is barely any difference in price.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

So pleased we don't drink Vodka.

Disappointed they don't serve Sauvignon Blanc now only Pinot Grigio and Chardonnay when there is barely any difference in price.

We like Chardonnay as a change but what they were serving in the DL on the Freedom in March was beyond horrible.  One sip and I was up and immediately ordering two glasses of Pinot Grigio. Much better. No Sauvignon Blanc either. That's always our go to wine. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We like Chardonnay as a change but what they were serving in the DL on the Freedom in March was beyond horrible.  One sip and I was up and immediately ordering two glasses of Pinot Grigio. Much better. No Sauvignon Blanc either. That's always our go to wine. 

When we boarded Independence in May they were serving free glasses of Champagne on the promenade.

The waiter recognised my DS badge and kept bringing us more glasses.

IMG_20190525_122033.jpg

IMG_20190525_121936.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/28/2019 at 4:33 PM, patcacmt said:

Great, thanks for the info. And the updated list!  I’ve wondered if I could order a drink for my daughter out of the three loaded on my card. Someone mentioned that some bars might allow it, others are sticklers for the rules. Three drinks in a three-hour timeframe would be a lot for me alone, so I’m hoping they don’t have to go to waste, but I could always grab a water or coke chaser, I guess. 😄

You are not required to drink all three drinks   There is no waste if you do not drink all three.   

Cheers 

M

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When we boarded Independence in May they were serving free glasses of Champagne on the promenade.

IMG_20190525_122033.jpg

IMG_20190525_121936.jpg

My wife would feel at home at your table. 

IMG_3503.thumb.JPG.3bbf9d5593727188f29d296c82f97c91.JPG

Happy cruising

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Oasis in June. I would order a martini, fully expecting to pay for it, and inevitably the bartender or waiter would say, "would you like to use one of your three drink coupons?" Well, yes, thank you, I would! It was very nice. 

Thanks for the drink suggestions..I thought of one that i remember having in the DL a few years ago. A seabreeze, vodka, grapefruit and cranberry. I also remember getting a Champaign with some peach liquor in it, cant remember the name 

On 7/28/2019 at 4:39 PM, Merion_Mom said:

My friend who recently sailed on the Grandeur also said that instead of New Amsterdam vodka (which is HORRIBLE), they were pouring Barton's, which he said is even worse!!!!!!!!!!!!  😮

Our next cruise will be first as Diamond and we are booked in OS. We were excited about the DL/CL.  When we found out they used Amsterdam Vodka we were really disappointed. It makes the perk mute for me. Don’t get me wrong we aren’t top shelf’s snobs but Amsterdam is pretty crappy vodka. We really are starting to rethink loyalty to Royal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My last three cruises I grabbed my drinks either from Wonderland or the Windjammer portable bar. I must admit the WJ bar was the best since the stock was limited, and usually a top shelf brand. The bartender would seriously rim my wine glass and I had grabbed one of those big wine glasses from Chops! Lol

9 hours ago, kimala said:

Thanks for the drink suggestions..I thought of one that i remember having in the DL a few years ago. A seabreeze, vodka, grapefruit and cranberry. I also remember getting a Champaign with some peach liquor in it, cant remember the name 

It's a Bellini, I was able to get them on Indy in May.

8 hours ago, kidless said:

Our next cruise will be first as Diamond and we are booked in OS. We were excited about the DL/CL.  When we found out they used Amsterdam Vodka we were really disappointed. It makes the perk mute for me. Don’t get me wrong we aren’t top shelf’s snobs but Amsterdam is pretty crappy vodka. We really are starting to rethink loyalty to Royal. 

You can always buy the drink package and generally they will find you the bottle of your preference. We drinks Tito’s and the bartenders find a bottle. This is in the CL/SL 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You can always buy the drink package and generally they will find you the bottle of your preference. We drinks Tito’s and the bartenders find a bottle. This is in the CL/SL 

We had figured booking in suite plus being Diamond it would eliminate the need for the drink package. I wish they’d put deeper discount on drink package for Diamond/Diamond + . At $52 pp pd that adds over $1100. I’m not that big a drinker. DH will hammer them for a few days then he won’t be drinking that much. So it really wouldn’t be worth it. Honestly had we known when we booked that the “Free” drinks were such poor quality plus other changes we probably would have just booked Jr suite or balcony. If only I had snagged the $18 drink glitch!!! 😔 

37 minutes ago, kidless said:

We had figured booking in suite plus being Diamond it would eliminate the need for the drink package. I wish they’d put deeper discount on drink package for Diamond/Diamond + . At $52 pp pd that adds over $1100. I’m not that big a drinker. DH will hammer them for a few days then he won’t be drinking that much. So it really wouldn’t be worth it. Honestly had we known when we booked that the “Free” drinks were such poor quality plus other changes we probably would have just booked Jr suite or balcony. If only I had snagged the $18 drink glitch!!! 😔 

Got it. Enjoy the New Amsterdam 

On 8/4/2019 at 3:01 PM, grapau27 said:

DS badge...love it!!  😄  

BTW...you are not missing anything.  I usually drink SB...but the new offering for the comp bottles delivered to our SR on Oasis (also served in the SL) was terrible!  I went to the LA and gave him my other two bottles...he happily exchanged them for the PG.  

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 8:01 PM, grapau27 said:

IMG_20190525_122033.jpg

IMG_20190525_121936.jpg

He must have appreciated my $1 a drink tip too as no-one else nearby was tipping.He would have given us a lot more if I had let him.

Edited by grapau27