OBC's & B2B Cruises

Woobstr112G

If you are doing separate B2B 7 day cruises would any unused OBC's from the first cruise carry over to the second cruise?  I'm kinda thinking they would not but I've never done a B2B and wanted to ask the experts.

Thanks in advance for any replies.....😊😊😊

Bob

Yes. When you board you will receive one cruise card or medallion for the entire 14 days you are on board. Any credit or debit balances from the first 7 days carry over to the second 7 days. Any new OBC is then added to your accounts.

And the good thing for me was that my refundable onboard credit was figured based on both cruises. At the end of the first cruise, it showed me having around $25 left in refundable onboard credit. But since I had more non-refundable credit starting with the second cruise, they used that against my previous charges, restoring the refundable onboard credit. I'll be receiving a check for around $100 soon because of this instead of around $45

A related question:  How is EZAir calculated across the two 7-day b2b cruises -- or to make it more interesting, what about two cruises that might be a 14 day and a 21 day giving a 35 day b2b.  The question is:  Can you book a round-trip airfare for this 35 day combination, or are you required to book a one-way "departure" on the first cruise and a one-way "return" on the second cruise?  Wouldn't that cost more than a single round-trip booking?  What's is the process to use here?

1 hour ago, Redhaven said:

A related question:  How is EZAir calculated across the two 7-day b2b cruises -- or to make it more interesting, what about two cruises that might be a 14 day and a 21 day giving a 35 day b2b.  The question is:  Can you book a round-trip airfare for this 35 day combination, or are you required to book a one-way "departure" on the first cruise and a one-way "return" on the second cruise?  Wouldn't that cost more than a single round-trip booking?  What's is the process to use here?

EZAir will allow you to select dates so you should be able to pick a round trip air itinerary to allow you to get there and depart on your desired dates.  Cost depends on the prevailing rate at the time of booking.

3 hours ago, Redhaven said:

Wouldn't that cost more than a single round-trip booking?

If it's North America, I don't think it makes a significant difference at all for a long time now whether booking two one-ways or a return.  It might be advantageous to use two different airlines (notwithstanding any FF loyalty status).

Edited by steelers36

What if it is international business class?  The pricing process is very different here, I believe.  You can often find a one-way fare that is virtually the same as a round-trip fare from US to Europe and return (in other words, the return is almost "free").  I think the within-US fare rules are very different.

• Like 1

On a b2b on the same ship we have always received one card for the entire cruise and the folio was continued through the second cruise.  It was closed out at the end of the second cruise and yes, the refundable OBC was listed as one number.  

12 hours ago, Redhaven said:

EZ Air bookings are one way. It isn't a problem. If you have two booking numbers the system knows and gives you a note. It is very easy.

In your example the first 14 day you book air from home to the ship. On the 35 day you book from the port back home. Works very easy. One way costs are basically half of the RT air fares. 

19 hours ago, Redhaven said:

What if it is international business class?  The pricing process is very different here, I believe.  You can often find a one-way fare that is virtually the same as a round-trip fare from US to Europe and return (in other words, the return is almost "free").  I think the within-US fare rules are very different.

Agree, and it also depends on the airline.  I book with United due to the perks we get when we fly them.  In the US, two one way fares pretty much always = the round trip airfare.  For international, I've found that two one ways cost a lot more (150% to 200%) of the round trip fare.  I've booked one way with EZAir when I've been able to book saver business award tickets for one way and the one way on EZAir is always higher than I would expect.  That said EZAir is always significantly less than what I'd pay on the United website so I just accept the quirks and move on.  All you have to do it model it out and then make the best decision.

Very cool. Hadn't even thought about this. We've never done an actual B2B before but have booked a 33 day Australia/New Zealand B2B2B on Sapphire Princess out of Melbourne for fall of 2010. 6 days, 13 days, and 14 days all in the same cabin. Good to know it will be a single folio. Can't believe I never even stopped to wonder about this but then again it's something new for us and quite a way in the future. Thanks, Bob for asking this question! 😀