Mariner Diamond Lounge--"light fare?"

I was just looking at the Royal app and noticed that in the description for the Mariner Diamond Lounge, it says "Complimentary continental breakfast, light fare throughout the day and evening drinks." I've never seen the "light fare throughout the day" part, but if it's actually true, it would definitely change my embarkation day plans! 

Can anyone confirm or deny?

22 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

I was just looking at the Royal app and noticed that in the description for the Mariner Diamond Lounge, it says "Complimentary continental breakfast, light fare throughout the day and evening drinks." I've never seen the "light fare throughout the day" part, but if it's actually true, it would definitely change my embarkation day plans! 

Usually fruit like apples and bananas along with cookies, they don't last long. 

38 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Haven't been on Mariner lately, but some concierges have small sandwiches available around lunchtime.

4 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

Does anyone know if the diamond lounge on Mariner is open early on embarkation day?

The Diamond Lounge is accessible 24 hours using your SeaPass card.

My first experience in a Diamond Lounge set the rest up for failure. On Independence, (Dec 2017) they had Iced cucumber water each day, with selections of fruit. I basically hung out in the Viking Crown, just outside the lounge reading and hydrating all day. It was one of the most relaxing 5 days I have ever had. Now that I think about it, I do not think I stepped foot in there during cocktail hours.

I have not seen cucumber water, or a fruit selection during the day like I saw on Independence, on any other ship I have sailed since. 😞

1 hour ago, Marie51 said:

Does anyone know if the diamond lounge on Mariner is open early on embarkation day?

Yes it was (we sailed on MA in May) and there were small sandwiches on the buffet.  Tao was a fabulous concierge.  Please let me know if he is still in the DL or on vacation.  

2 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Yes. They have some sandwiches at lunchtime. They were very good. 

They had omelettes in the morning. 

31 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Yes it was (we sailed on MA in May) and there were small sandwiches on the buffet.  Tao was a fabulous concierge.  Please let me know if he is still in the DL or on vacation.  

Sailing on August 9; I will let you know when we get back. Thank you for Info 

1 hour ago, mooseman52b said:

We have been on Mariner 4 times in the past year and have gone in for a Cappuccino on embarkation day. So far we have not seen any light fare on those days.

The light fare was prior to the staterooms becoming available at 1 PM.  

• Like 1

On 7/28/2019 at 9:56 PM, SherriZ366 said:

Just off Mariner a week ago. Leo was the concierge, and was fantastic!

7 hours ago, discru said:

Just off Mariner a week ago. Leo was the concierge, and was fantastic!

We had Tao in May, will be back on in two weeks so I'm guessing it will be Leo. Tao was great!

We're on board MA now.  Sukriti Rai (Sue) is now the Concierge.

There was no light fare in the Suite Lounge on embarkation day but they have a special Suite/Pinnacle lunch on deck 3 Dining Room from 11:45 to 1. Food was very good and a lperfect ight portion.