New gangways for OPT

9 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Brisbane makes sense....two days sailing closer to the islands means big cost savings for the cruise lines, can have more , shorter cruises,close to the airport...... Sydney is arguably a better destination for overseas guests( Sydney Harbour is a far, far better sail away) I suppose but if the geography won't allow it what do you do? One option could be Botany Bay but still misses out on the Harbour.

I can see the 7 day south pacific cruises  and 14 day cruises to NZ with a call into Sydney and Melbourne out of Brisbane.

10 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I can see the 7 day south pacific cruises  and 14 day cruises to NZ with a call into Sydney and Melbourne out of Brisbane.

In that case we will not need two gangways 😁😁

Hey Gbenjo; Isn't some cruise lines much quicker then others getting there passengers on-board then others. i mainly sail carnival & now with there sail card's available at your cabin door. It has sped it up considerably. yes there is a Bock log at AFP; scanning & checking passports. But my experience has been of great improvment in the kast 5 years.

Also yes Brisbane is going to be cost efficent & great for cruise lines, But most cruise lines will be departing Noumea at 1:00 on last day. not enough time to do the bigger excursions (Ameedee, Signal & escapade island). Seeing what Carnival & P&O have planned for these 7 day cruises out of Bris-Vegas...

2 hours ago, Hunter69 said:

Hey Gbenjo; Isn't some cruise lines much quicker then others getting there passengers on-board then others. i mainly sail carnival & now with there sail card's available at your cabin door. It has sped it up considerably. yes there is a Bock log at AFP; scanning & checking passports. But my experience has been of great improvment in the kast 5 years.

Also yes Brisbane is going to be cost efficent & great for cruise lines, But most cruise lines will be departing Noumea at 1:00 on last day. not enough time to do the bigger excursions (Ameedee, Signal & escapade island). Seeing what Carnival & P&O have planned for these 7 day cruises out of Bris-Vegas...

Exactly....Doesn't matter how fast the check in process is  or what system the cruise lines use if , as you say, there are still bottlenecks at ABF and security, which is my point.

Edited by gbenjo

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Can't we just raise it?

Maybe we can lower the harbour a bit!

If everone in the world takes one bucket of water from the ocean and stores it on land.... That should do it.

Or do we need to make the earth spin faster so the Brisbane Terminal goes under water but leaves Sydney Harbour lower. 

Problem is that would also make many islands submerged and the days shorter and even at $120 pppn cruising gets more expensive.

Or just swap Garden Is for a nice spot near Broome.

I know!  I'm feeling significantly under medicated today!🙄

8 hours ago, vozzie said:

Navy to Botany Bay.....Cruises to Garden Island ! Job's done !

4 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Probs not.

Sad but true.

Can you tell which post is sad and which is true?

48 minutes ago, Dobby_The_Ship_Elf said:

Or as it is known in other parts ....... drain the swamp!!

No need to do that ...they will cover the roadway  with dried grapes....it's called  " raisin" the bridge 😂

3 hours ago, Dobby_The_Ship_Elf said:

need the cruise season to start ...... you have TOO much time on your hands!!!!

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The Watch normally goes on the wrist.

And the hands go on the watch

Well , to date, raisin the bridge is currant-ly  the best idea, lowering the water level is just an-insult-ana to ones intelligence......and covering the bridge in prunes to help move it is also out of the question.

16 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Well , to date, raisin the bridge is currant-ly  the best idea, lowering the water level is just an-insult-ana to ones intelligence......and covering the bridge in prunes to help move it is also out of the question.

Maybe just slip a couple of bricks under each corner, or a block and tackle around the rafters to lift the deck.

26 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Maybe just slip a couple of bricks under each corner, or a block and tackle around the rafters to lift the deck.

Since when have you been an engineer????? 😱😱😂😂

7 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Since when have you been an engineer????? 😱😱😂😂

Not an engineer just a nutter.

Which means I can but out problems, I’m sure that’s what they mean when they say I’m a nutter.

total strangers who meet me for the first time, say to Mrs Gut, “Gee he’s a nutter”. It must be that obvious.