Pick up adhoc tour off ship for Athens?

ElmwoodPark

I would like to do a full day tour of Athens that is a shared tour to save on expenses. I am not having luck with either our roll call or other shared sites. I have looked at PK Travel and there is no one signed up for our date and they need a minimum of 8. We will be in Athens on Sept. 5th so time is running short. 

Is there a good possibility of just being able to pick up a full day shared tour when we get off the ship in Piraeus or is this something that would need to be prearranged?

Thanks for any suggestions. 

When we got off the ship in Pireaus (July 2019), the only thing that was there to book were the Hop On / Hop Off busses.  There were 3 different companies in the parking lot.   There was nothing else around to book.   

That's too bad about PK Travel...but I will say when I booked with them for our May 24, 2019 RCI Vision date, it wasn't until about a month before that other's started booking. I too was worried but it turned out to not be a problem and those that signed up ended not being on my roll call.

Their full day Athens tour was just amazing !!!

18 hours ago, ElmwoodPark said:

I would like to do a full day tour of Athens that is a shared tour to save on expenses. I am not having luck with either our roll call or other shared sites. I have looked at PK Travel and there is no one signed up for our date and they need a minimum of 8. We will be in Athens on Sept. 5th so time is running short. 

Is there a good possibility of just being able to pick up a full day shared tour when we get off the ship in Piraeus or is this something that would need to be prearranged?

Thanks for any suggestions. 

FYI:  There is a possibility that our group of 4 may sign up on your PK Travel 1/2 day.  I will know in a couple days if I can get my group to make decisions.....if you need to cancel -- no problem -- I will work on getting answers ... frustrations!!  

2 hours ago, azrose said:

FYI:  There is a possibility that our group of 4 may sign up on your PK Travel 1/2 day.  I will know in a couple days if I can get my group to make decisions.....if you need to cancel -- no problem -- I will work on getting answers ... frustrations!!  

Azrose,

I am wanting to sign up for the full day tour, not the 1/2 day tour. There are already a few people signed up for the 1/2 day tour., so if your group does this, you will probably make a complete group. There is so much to see that I don't want to just have a half day tour, and the full day tour is only about $10 more. 

I'll sign up for the full day tour, and hope that some more participants sign up. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ElmwoodPark said:

Azrose,

I am wanting to sign up for the full day tour, not the 1/2 day tour. There are already a few people signed up for the 1/2 day tour., so if your group does this, you will probably make a complete group. There is so much to see that I don't want to just have a half day tour, and the full day tour is only about $10 more. 

I'll sign up for the full day tour, and hope that some more participants sign up. 

If the full day doesn't work out I was thinking about possibly doing the half day and having them leave me behind in Athens - and then get back to the ship later on my own.

On 7/30/2019 at 6:37 AM, ElmwoodPark said:

Azrose,

You are absolutely correct to sign up for the full day...for the price difference. We did and am glad we did  !!!!!

On 7/30/2019 at 3:50 AM, azrose said:

My personal opinion/experience from just being there May 24th and touring with PK Travel....I have no idea why some would only sign up for the 1/2 day !!!

I was the first person to sign up for our upcoming PK Athens full day tour. I was worried we would not have enough people but figured we could always do their private tour if not enough people signed up. I did post on our VERY small roll call. Today I checked and there are 17 people signed up. So now I'm more worried about how large the group is !  I say sign up and see what happens. They are very easy to deal with and I'm looking forward to our tour. Good luck !

6 hours ago, FLbeachbaby said:

I was the first person to sign up for our upcoming PK Athens full day tour. I was worried we would not have enough people but figured we could always do their private tour if not enough people signed up. I did post on our VERY small roll call. Today I checked and there are 17 people signed up. So now I'm more worried about how large the group is !  I say sign up and see what happens. They are very easy to deal with and I'm looking forward to our tour. Good luck !

How did you check?

1 hour ago, Travelicious said:

How did you check?

Same way you book. Find your sailing, see how many people are signed up. If you're first, it won't be listed yet. Once you confirm your sailing will show pending until it meets minimum.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2019 at 11:15 PM, astrocat said:

I was just looking at their site. Do I need to pay a deposit first up? I am nervous about being first ! We have been to Athens x 2 prior, this time we might look at Sounion or Corinth. 

Their deposit is 35 Euros pp (full balance due at tour) and you have until 30 days prior to arrival date to cancel for a full refund.

I was also nervous about booking our trip (full day in Athens) with them for this past May so far ahead...I kept watching their website and was very surprised when at least 60 days out we were fully booked with enough people..

• Like 1